Strength of the World

17

We walked into the kitchen and sat down at the bar. We ate our food quietly, I hated the silence. Silence is what drives people crazy in all the horror movies. "I hate horror movies." I said randomly. Brian laughed loudly and nodded his head as he ate.

"Yeah baby, I know." I nodded and looked down at my steak. Suddenly, I wasn't very hungry. Brian looked over at me suspiciously. "Are you alright?" I shrugged and moved a few cut pieces on the plate. "Do you not like your own cooking? I love it." I smiled and folded my arms across my stomach.

"I just have a lot of stuff on my mind for work tomorrow." He nodded.

"Well you relax more when you're taking pictures. Don't worry. You'll be alright." He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and hugged me. I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder.

"It's not the pictures I'm worried about. It's thinking of how I'm gonna keep Raychel out of trouble." He stiffened up and sighed shakily.

"UhhrayRaychel's gonna be at your work tomorrow?" I laughed and nodded my head. "She lives five hours away thought. Why is she coming?"

"She knows about the army thing." Brian pulled away and stared at me like I was crazy again. Yeah, brian did that a lot.

"How the hell does she know about that?" I smiled sheepishly and backed off the stool slowly. He narrowed his eyes and smiled a devious smile. "Jordan baker, love of my life, please tell me that you didn't tell Raychel about us in the army." I smiled and kept backing out of the kitchen.

"My daddy always taught me not to lie." He groaned and ran his hand through his hair before returning his devious gaze to me.

"Humor me then." He pleaded.

"Fine, I didn't tell her." He yelled and started running after me. I laughed and tried running as fast as I could. I ran up to our bedroom and hid under the bed. Brian walked into the room slowly, slamming the door behind him.

"Jordan, I know you're in here." He said in his cute sing-song voice. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing out loud. I watched as his feet moved around the room. He would stop in random places and 'look' for me. I knew that he knew where I was but wanted to play around. He then hopped on the bed, making it creak a bit. I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for what he was planning to do. He grabbed my feet and pulled me out from under the bed. I laughed, looking into gorgeous brown eyes. "Found you." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, like it was super hard to find me." He nodded and kissed me gently. "You're lucky I love you."

"And why would that be?" I shrugged. I really had no plan whatsoever for a comeback. "Well I love you too." Groaning, I rolled out from under him and got up into the bed.

"Alright, that's enough of the lovey dovey sappy shit. I have to get up early and deal with Raychel." He laughed, hopping onto the bed with me. I laid down, resting my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Oh come on, you know you adore Raychel." I nodded my head happily.

"If it weren't for you, me and Raychel would be having hot, steamy sex right now." He laughed lightly and wrapped his arms around me.

"Well, I'd be having kinky sex with zacky if you weren't here." I shuddered, not wanting to think about that. "Actually if you really think about it, even when I am fucking you; it's kind of like fucking zacky." I groaned loudly and pulled myself out of his arms, rolling over to the other side of the bed. "But you're way better than zack. He doesn't"

"No!" I interrupted. "don't you dare compare my fucking abilities to zack's!" he laughed, pulling me back into his arms with my back against his chest.

"I would never do that to you. There is no comparison." He whispered in my ear before kissing the hollow space below it. He knew that spot always made me drowsy for some reason. I drifted off to sleep rather quickly. If only my dreams would have allowed me to sleep peacefully.