Strength of the World

22

Johnny screamed as his hand left mine and she dashed down the hall. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down the hallway where Johnny ran. I saw a swarm of doctors yelling at each other as they pushed a bed down the hallway. I walked slowly towards Jesi's room, this wasn't happening. I looked into the room, seeing it deserted. A flash of the casket from my dream appeared in front of my eyes. Gasping, I placed my hands over my mouth and slid down the wall. This was crazy. My dream was just a dream...A nightmare. Right? "Jordan?" I heard Johnny call frantically. I jumped to my feet and walked towards where Johnny's voice came from. I turned the corner and he was there, looking like a lost child. It didn't help that I was taller than him. His eyes caught my sight and she ran towards me. "Jordan! She...She..." He stammered. I clung onto him, wrapping my arms around him.

"She's fine." He shook his head no. He looked up at me with his tear-stained eyes, showing me the hurt that he was feeling.

"Her blood pressure got too high while she was pushing and she passed out. She hasn't woken up yet." I brushed away his tears and smiled lightly.

"You really do love her don't you?" He let out an exasperated laugh and nodded.

"More then you'll ever know Jordan, more than you'll ever know." I smiled and held Johnny tightly. He needed consoling and I was there for him. We held each other for what seemed like hours, trying to keep our minds off what was happening. A doctor then came out of the double doors before us, blood staining his scrubs.

"Mr. Seward?" Johnny turned to him anxiously.

"How's Jesi? Is she alright?" The doctor looked down at his hands solemnly. Johnny growled and held the doctors collar, shaking him. "Tell me or so help me god, I'll kill you!" I rushed over to him and tried to pull him off the doctor.

"Johnny! Let him go!" I yelled while trying to pull him off.

"Not until he tells me how Jesi is!" He screamed as tears fell down his cheeks.

"He'll tell you if you let him go!" Johnny groaned and let got of the doctor. I took his arms and put them behind his back, restraining him.

"Jesi is fine." Johnny sighed and relaxed in my arms. "Your daughter however..." I shook my head no, placing it on his shoulders. "...She has suffered some problems. She almost didn't make it. She had her umbilical cord tied around her neck. That's why Jesi was having complications. We've taken the baby to the ICU for treatment and we'll give you further updates soon." I let go of Johnny's arms and he turned around to console me. Wait, this is turned around. Johnny isn't supposed to be consoling me. I'm supposed to be consoling him. He's the one with his newborn daughter in critical condition and I'm the one he's consoling. I pulled away from him, wiping my tears away.

"Go check on Jesi. I'll go tell the guys." He nodded and hugged me once more. He then walked into the operating room and sat down next to Jesi. I then turned and walked down the hallways slowly. How was I going to tell them? They were all extremely excited about the baby. Now she was in critical condition and I had no idea if she was going to make it. This was one of the hardest walk I've ever had to make. For some odd reason, I felt like I was going to meet my maker. Pushing open the doors, all the expectant eyes landed on me. Once they saw my tears streaming down my face, Brian and Zacky were the first ones running to me. Zacky held me in a tight hug as brian kissed the top of my head.

"Baby..."Brian started. I cried harder, burying my head in Zacky's shoulder.

"Real great choice of words man." Zacky scolded. He started rubbing my back, trying to calm me.

"I'm sorry. Jordan, what happened exactly." Brian said in his soothing tone. I sighed and pulled away from zacky a bit.

"Jesi's fine. The baby had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck. Jesi had complications giving birth to her, so they took her to get a c-section. The baby suffered some major complications, we think with her lungs and she's in critical condition." I cried. Zacky held me tightly and brian patted my hair. The rest of the group practically sank into each other, consoling one another. None of us had ever really dealt with this kind of thing before, so we didn't take it well. Raychel came up behind zack and held onto my hand. When she held my hand, her eyes went wide as did her smile. "what?" She cocked her eyebrow and held my hand up.

"When the hell did you get engaged?" I smiled and looked at Brian. He smiled and winked. Zacky pulled away from me and took my hand in his. His eyes went wide, completely shocked...lord knows why.

"Oh come on Zacky, we all knew it was gonna happen one of these days." Brian laughed, bringing me into his arms from behind.

"When are you doing it?" Katie asked as she squeezed onto Matt's leg. Either she was excited or mad at Matt for proposing to her first. I looked at Brian and shrugged.

"We haven't really decided." I said looking back to Katie. Brian then squeezed my hips harder and leaned into me.

"We'll do it before we leave Friday. We're going to Vegas." Brian smiled before kissing me sweetly.

"No!" Raychel, Judy, and Katie screamed.

"You can't have your wedding in vegas! Are you fucking insane?" Raychel exclaimed.

"It's not fair. You told us when we were in high school that we would be in your wedding." Katie voiced.

"Don't you dare Jordan. You have to make the guys suffer in tuxes." Judy said. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into brian.

"Have you told mom and dad yet?" Zacky asked, putting his arms around Raychel's waist. I stared at his arm and Raychel's unfazed face.

"Whoa! Wait a fucking minute. What's going on with you guys? Zack, where's Aubrey?" He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"She left me. Me and her got in a huge fight last night." My mouth dropped. Aubrey left Zacky. That was something I never thought would ever happen.

"So Raychel's your..." Brian interrupted me by clamping his hand over my mouth.

"We'll be right back." I mumbled my objection as he pulled me out of the waiting room. She sat me down on the fountain in the courtyard, holding onto my shoulders. "Jordan, you can't say something like that."

"Why not? Because everyone knows that Zacky is rebounding from Aubrey with Raychel! I can't let that happen to my best friend. She actually loves him more than life itself and he's playing her for a sap! Do you think that's right?!" I voiced. He sighed and shook his head no. "They why can't you let me save my best friend?"

"What if he actually does like her?" I scoffed and shook my head. "So are you saying that Zacky could never like Raychel, your best friend?"

"No! Zacky could only be so lucky to like Raychel!" He groaned and stood up, starting to pace. "Why are you getting so worked up over this?" I asked, watching him pace.

"This stuff just bothers me Jordan. What if your friends were saying that you are my rebound girl from Michelle?" I shuddered at her name. she was the only girl that I couldn't stand.

"But you're not getting back with her, so it doesn't matter."

"What if I was?" He questioned.