Strength of the World

03

I picked up the paper and saw it was his schedule. I compared it to mine and saw that we had Creative Writing, English, History and Study Hall together. Great, just great. We completely hate each other, yet we're in every class with each other. Just then the first bell rang. We all groaned at the same time and made our way into the school. I was excited to get to my creative writing class though. I had Mr. Chandler and he was one of my favorite teachers. He was funny, Sarcastic, nice and best of allhe had dreadlocks! He's fantastic!! I said goodbye to everyone, seeing as I had no classes with any of them. Well that's not entirely true. Judy and I had choir together. That class would always be fun. I walked up the stairs and into the classroom. I noticed that brian sitting in the back, searching his pockets for something. I chose to ignore him for now and went to greet Mr. Chandler. We talked for a while and caught up from being apart over the summer. The bell then rang and I was about to sit down in my usual seat, but Amber Parker beat me to it. Well, more like she pushed me away from it. She smiled her cocky smile at me and waved obnoxiously. Oh boy, this was gonna be a fun year.

"Jordan, please find your seat." I sighed and looked around the room for an empty seat. "There's and empty seat next to Mr. Haner back there." Oh Damnit. Yep, gonna be a real fun year. I walked back and sat at the desk next to brian. He was still looking for something in his pockets, but I just ignored him and pulled out my writing notebook. Mr. Chandler then assigned us our first project. We were to write a short story on a couple of forbidden lovers. Oh lord, not a good topic. Nonetheless, I started writing. As I wrote, I noticed that he was still searching for something. I couldn't take it anymore. If I was going to be in this class all year, when I better start it off well. Well enough that is. I put down my pen and turned my full attention towards him.

"what the hell are you searching for?" he sighed and sat back in his chair, ignoring me. "Brian, what the hell is shoved up your ass?" he shook his head. I then realized that I still had his schedule. I pulled it out of my pocket and practically threw it at him. "here, you left this outside on the bench." He smiled his amazing smile and looked at me.

"Thank you, this is what I've been looking for all this time!" I sighed and started writing again.

"What so special about you trying to find your schedule. You and I have all the same classes together except for after English." He turned it on the back and showed me the writing. I tried to read it, but her stole it away from my sight before I could finish reading it.

"That's what is so important about it. Now go back to your stupid little story thing." He said, going back to writing on his schedule.

"you're supposed to write the stupid little story thing too y'know." He laughed lightly and kept writing. "You gonna go back to ignoring me now?"

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm focusing." I scoffed and went back to my own writing. I now had a whole new story idea. A girl and a boy, mortal enemies; but they are both deathly in love with each other. Very far-fetched for what I was wishing now, but heyit was just for a class. I wrote intensely for the rest of the class. I couldn't stop, no one could ever stop me from writing if I was on a roll. When the class was dismissed, brian put his hand on my paper. I snapped back into reality and looked up to see his smug smile. "have fun writing?" I sighed and put my notebook back into my bag and swung it over my shoulder. He was still standing there, waiting for me.

"What? Not gonna disappear on me like you have all morning?" he laughed and started walking out. I quickly ran to catch up to him. "Brian, answer me." He smiled and pushed me up against the locker. He leaned his face close to mine, so close I could feel his breath on my neck and it made me go weak at the knees.

"Make me." He breathed in my ear. Damn him for making me want him more than I already did.

"Brian? Jordan?" we turned towards who had called out names and saw zacky with aubrey. They stared at us like we had two heads. Except aubrey had a slight smile on her face. Brian backed away from me and started walking down the hall again. I stayed where I was against the locker, frozen. I was still trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Why the hell did he do that? Too many thoughts and feelings were racing through me. Zacky ran up, aubrey still at his side, over to me. "What the hell just happened?" I shrugged and made my way down the hall. Aubrey then caught up to me pretty quickly.

"Jordan, are you alright?" I shrugged and kept walking. Zacky then called her name to go back to him. She sighed and put her hand on my shoulder. "We'll talk at lunch." I nodded and she ran back off to zacky. I still had many thoughts in my head and there weren't any answers. It actually made me mad. No had ever made me feel like this before. I hadn't even let anyone control me in such a way that he had. Well, if I hadn't before then I sure as hell wasn't gonna start now.