Status: Finished! Comment please! <3

I Know That You Feel Me

2/2

"Goo Goo Dolls?" Danny questioned curiously, smiling. Tom knew that was one of the younger man's favourite songs, and that was part of the reason he'd played it.

"Yeah." The blonde chuckled, carefully placing the guitar on the floor beside the bed. Danny grinned before shuffling into a comfortable position lying down on Tom's bed.

"Well, you played it brilliantly. And you know that I think your voice is way better than his anyway."

Tom blushed at the compliments, before muttering a small "Thank you,". The two fell silent, lying side by side just enjoying each-other's company. It was a comfortable silence, and the faint sounds of the radio in the kitchen just added to the calming atmosphere in the room. Feeling brave, Tom took a deep breath and slowly inched his hand closer to where Danny's was lying; palm facing upwards. As their skin came into contact, tiny shivers sparked up Tom's hand. He could feel the soft skin on Danny's hand lightly beneath his fingertips, giving Danny plenty of opportunity to move his hand away. Surprisingly to Tom, Danny never did, and instead the Boltoner glanced sideways at the older man with a soft smile on his face. Using this as reassurance, Tom decided that it was then or never and he slowly crawled his hand on top of Danny's, his long fingers falling into the spaces between the brunette's guitar-wrecked digits. Immediately his arm started tingling as sparks shot up it. Wow, this felt awesome.

Unable to help himself, he let out a contented sigh and relaxed his hand in Danny's grip, allowing his eyes to slowly fall shut. He wanted to embed this moment in his mind, memorise every last detail for later daydreaming. Who knew that even just holding hands with Danny would have this sort of effect on him!
He felt Danny's thumb lightly trace over his own, leaving tingles on the sensitive skin. Tom's eyes re-opened and he looked down at their joined hands, noticing how they fit perfectly together. He couldn't believe this was happening, but he was sure as hell glad that it was.

After a few more moments of perfect silence, Danny turned his head again and met Tom's gorgeous chocolate eyes. This moment was perfect, and he wanted to try something to see if he could make it even better.
Purposefully ignoring the thought of the consequences this could cause, he bit his lip before starting to speak in a quiet, hushed tone.

"Tom, I'm going to try something. I want you to close your eyes and keep them closed until I tell you, okay?" The brunette asked cautiously. Confused, the elder of the two raised one eyebrow before nodding. He let his eyes slip shut again and he felt the bed shift slightly. Next thing he knew, something soft and silky brushed against his lips for a second before disappearing. His mind reeled; he had a pretty good idea of what had just happened, and it almost sent him into shock.

Opening his eyes again, he saw the brunette's face still close to his - close enough that he could smell his delicious aftershave and something else that was unmistakably Danny.

"D-did you just kiss me?" Tom asked in shock, the nerve endings in his lips still tingling with the memory of the kiss. Danny looked away briefly to gather his courage before making eye contact again and nodding.

"Yeah, I did." He replied cautiously before giving Tom's hand a squeeze, the gesture more to reassure himself than the blonde boy.

"Tom, this might seem really sudden, but.... I think- no, I know- that I'm in love with you." Danny finally stammered out, looking expectantly into Tom's eyes for his reaction. Tom felt like his heart stopped beating then and there. Danny loved him?! He actually loved him?! He opened his mouth and began to stammer out a reply.

"Danny, I-" He was cut off as Danny raised a hand to silence him.

"No, shh, I'm not finished. Wait for me to finish." The brunette instructed, shifting a few centimetres closer to the older man. Tom shut up and looked back at Danny, still awestruck by his previous words.

"I know it might seem totally strange and out-of-the-blue, but I finally realised that I really do love you as more than just a friend, Tom. I remember back to when I first saw you at the boyband auditions; your hair was bleached to within an inch of it's life and you were smiling friendlily at everyone who walked into the room. I didn't realise it then, but that's probably the time that I started developing a crush on you. You just looked so perfect, and at first I passed it off as me just admiring you as a musician.
As we became closer, the feelings were still there but I told myself that I was just loving you as a friend, a best friend. I kept up this facade in my mind up until a few weeks ago when we performed on that TV show. I remember glancing over at you in the middle of the song and seeing your eyes so full of passion and emotion that it took my breath away. It was only then did I realise, Thomas Fletcher, that I actually love you more than anything else. I realised that you are the thought that occupies my mind day in day out- my daily and nightly dream. I know there's little to no chance that you would ever love me back, and I know I'm endangering our friendship by saying this, but I can't hide this any longer. I just want to see you smile, I want to hear your laugh. I want to be able to hold you and pay you compliments, to be able to kiss you good morning and good night. So, long story short, yeah... I'm in love with you." Danny sighed as he finished his explanation, pleased to get it off his chest. Tom's face split into the biggest grin as his brain processed all the information his friend had just given him. This just couldn't be real! It was way too amazing!
Tom looked his brunette friend in the eyes, noticing how they were shining in anticipation and fear; fear of being rejected. Without thinking, Tom reached his hand forward and cupped the side of Danny's face, stroking the younger man's cheekbone softly with his thumb.

"Oh Danny, how are we both so blind?" Tom mused, a caring smile gracing his features. Danny's eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

"W-what?" He stammered out, not understanding what Tom was getting at. Tom chuckled, smoothing back a stray piece of hair that had come loose from Danny's bouffant.

"Danny, I'll put this in plain English for you. I love you too, and have ever since I first set eyes on you. To think, we've been best friends for six years, yet I was always deathly afraid to tell you how I felt. I always thought you were the straightest person ever. Now in retrospect I kind of wish I had told you sooner." The blonde man explained, bringing their joined hands up to eye level and softly pressing his lips to the back of Danny's hand. Danny's eyes flew wide in shock, his mouth falling open slightly.

"You... You love me too?!" He asked, wanting Tom to confirm it. The elder nodded, tracing patterns on Danny's hand with his thumb.

"Yes, Danny. I love you more than anything in the world." Tom spoke truthfully, watching as Danny's eyes sparkled in happiness. Tom always loved Danny's eyes. He felt like he could just melt in their crystal clear blue. Even the stars outside should be envious of Danny's eyes.

There was only a few centimetres between their bodies now, and Danny wrapped his free arm around Tom's waist, pulling the elder in so that the gap between them closed even more. From this distance Danny was surrounded by the scent of Tom, and damn did he smell delicious. He caught the faint smell of strawberry shampoo as he ran his fingers gently through Tom's hair, the older man's captivating brown eyes brimming with love and happiness. 
With his hand still placed on Danny's cheek, Tom used it to softly tilt the brunette's lips closer to his own. Smirking slightly, Danny closed the rest of the gap and their lips met in a slow kiss.

Tom was instantly caught up in the kiss and melted into Danny's arms, giving in to the fact that Danny was leading the kiss. He groaned in pleasure as the brunette man's tongue flicked over his bottom lip, asking for entrance. Tom hastily complied and as Danny's tongue probed into his mouth, he tasted the younger man for the first time. Danny tasted like hot chocolate, a taste which was so familiar to Tom and that brought back millions of memories of him and Danny in winter time.

Danny groaned as their tongues danced against each-other, deepening the kiss immensely. Tom pulled the brunette flush against his body as he ran his long fingers up and down Danny's sides, loving how he was making the younger man shiver in delight. Danny tangled his free hand in Tom's hair, tugging ever so gently causing Tom to let out a quiet moan. He gently pulled his hand out of Tom's and wrapped it around the elder's waist, bringing the two boy's bodies even closer together.

Still kissing, Tom manoeuvred himself so that he was now on top of the brunette, straddling his waist. He licked Danny's lips slowly, listening to the rather loud groan that escaped his throat. This was way better than he had dreamed, and believe me, he had dreamed about this a lot. 

Suddenly, they both realised that they were very much in need of air, and the couple broke apart slowly. Tom studied Danny's face as he regained his breath, noticing the look of pure content in the brunette's eyes which he was sure was matched in his own.

"Wow..." Danny breathed slowly, the sensation of Tom's unbelievably soft lips on his own only just starting to fade. Tom grinned down at the man beneath him, his fingertips resting at the brunette's collarbones.

"Dan?" He asked quietly, bringing his face closer to Danny's again.

"What?" Danny whispered out, Tom's proximity making it seemingly impossible to speak at a normal tone. Tom smiled and pressed his lips lightly against Danny's again before replying.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" The blonde man asked, still only a few centimetres away from Danny's face. Danny's heart rate increased rapidly. Perfect, gorgeous Tom Fletcher wanted him to be his boyfriend! His life was now complete!

"Yes." He replied, unable to hide the joy in his voice. Tom grinned so widely it seemed like his face would split in half, Danny was his! Danny was finally his!

The brunette matched Tom's grin before cheekily slipping his hands into the blonde boy's back pockets. Tom chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Danny's neck, touching their lips together teasingly lightly before pulling back. Danny whimpered and looked up at Tom, pale pink lips set in a perfect pout. The older man laughed again and continued his game; his lips finding Danny's cheek and leaving a feather-light kiss there. The Boltoner sighed before removing one hand from Tom's back pockets. He used this hand to cup Tom's chin, slowly guiding his boyfriend so that their lips were almost touching. Smiling affectionately, Danny shook his head as Tom pecked the tip of his nose.

"Stop playing games and just kiss me, you fool."

Laughing, Tom complied and their lips connected once again in a slow, sweet and tender kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
ZEE END!
This actually took me 3 weeks to write *dies*
I would really appreciated it if you commented :)
And again, comment if you want to read the alternative version xD