Status: Completed at a 4-star rank!

All Those Things I Still Remember

Late Night Visitor

Image

I was staying home alone with Melody. It was the first time since his death that I’d been alone. I was putting Mel to bed when someone walked by the door. I looked at Mel who was just smiling. I kissed her forehead and rose from the bed. I closed her door behind me and walked towards the living room. No one was in sight, so I just shook it off and went back to my room. I grabbed my notebook from the drawer as well as a pen. I decided to go back out to the living room to wait for someone to come home. I sat on the couch and flipped to the next clean page. I uncapped the pen and began to write.

Jimmy,

I’m finally getting a little better. Trick thought that I was strong enough to be able to stay home alone. Well, I mean, I’m not alone, because Mel’s here. But I mean, like, without one of them. It’s been a really long time since he’s let me be alone. I think Christmas Day was the last time I was home alone for even an hour. I really wanted to


I heard a giggle come from Mel’s room and I put the pen in the notebook before closing it. I quietly crossed the house, down the hallway, and stood just outside her door. She was talking in a hushed tone, but I couldn’t tell who to.

“Do you remember that duck at the park? That was really big!” She was quiet for a minute. “No, that was like a Franken-duck. That was scary! And it wasn’t scared of you running at it.” She was quiet and then, she giggled again. “I wish I could talk Mommy into taking me there.” I waited for her to continue, but she didn’t. As the curiosity overcame me, I opened the door.

“Who are you talking to, Mel?” I asked her. She looked around, but when she didn’t find whatever it was that she was looking for, she sighed in dismay.

“No one, Mommy.” I watched her for a minute.

“Okay, well, I was just wondering what that noise was. Good night, baby, ”I said, leaving her room. I went back to the living room and sat on the couch. I opened the notebook and resumed writing.

get better for Melody. And I guess everyone else… But I felt like she shouldn’t have to go through what I did with my mom when Josh died. I mean, it really fucked me up. I just thought that I’d write to you. I miss you a lot.

All my love,

Shay


I closed the book and decided to go lie down, seeing as how it was almost midnight, and no one was back yet. They all probably crashed at Pete’s. I shut the door behind me and returned the notebook and pen to their drawer. I turned off the light and crossed the moonlit room to the bed. I curled up under the blankets and felt sleep pull at my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have treats for those who fucking read. :)
The Rev's Best Quote Ever
AND
The Rev and His Awesome As Fuck Kung Foo

I love that... :(
Well, it's been called to my attention that some of my readers don't know who The Rev was... You guys seriously need to look him up... He was one of the most amazing men ever...

Banners and comments.

Xo
Jaz