Status: Completed at a 4-star rank!

All Those Things I Still Remember

Life Is But A Dream

I lay still with my eyes shut. I felt someone lying next to me. I took in the familiar scent of mint chocolate coffee and rain. A hand placed itself on my side and I shivered involuntarily. I cuddled closer to the body.

“Shay?” His voice filled my head. I felt my heart race as he spoke. Did I really do it? I opened my eyes and saw him staring at me. I reached out towards his shirtless chest and felt his warm skin against my palm. I looked into his eyes and saw the blue irises in his eyes.

“Am I dreaming?” I asked in disbelief.

“Well, I hope not. You just woke up, ”he laughed quietly.

“I did?” I asked as I sat up. He nodded slowly. “But, then, how are you here?” He cocked a brow.

“Well, I drove here…? You called and asked me to come over because Mel was with Trick, ”he laughed nervously. I looked out of the window and saw the snow on the ground.

“Wait… What is today?” I asked. He looked at his phone.

“It’s the 27th, ”he replied. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Of what month?”

“Shay, are you okay?”

“Of what month, Jimmy?” I demanded.

“December.”

“It is December 27th of 2009?” I asked to clarify. He nodded uncertainly.

“Yes. That’s kind of what I just said…”He said quietly. “Shay, do you need to go to the doctor? I think you ate some bad turkey or something…”

“No, I just… I had a really, really bad dream…”I muttered, lying back down next to him. He just nodded. “I love you, Jimmy. I think I really always have. You are an amazing man, and… I know for a fact that I would lose my mind without you.” He laughed nervously.

“I love you too? I think you need to go to the doctor though, ”he insisted.

“No, I’m fine. The nightmare just made me think a lot, ”I sighed. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me. “I love you so much, Jimmy. I really want you to know that.”

“I know that now, and I love you too, ”he mumbled into my ear. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and let myself soak up this moment. This was real. He was alive. I was alive. This was real. That was not.

“Jimmy… Don’t ever leave me…”I said quietly. He laughed quietly.

“I won’t, ”he promised. And with his words, I knew exactly what I had to do next.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Now, I think it'll get better.. :)
Comments and banners are amazing? :)

XO
Jaz