Status: Completed at a 4-star rank!

All Those Things I Still Remember

Santa Stopped By

“Mommy, mommy, mommy!” Melody repeated loudly, jumping on the bed. I groaned, sitting up. “Santa Claus came!” I smiled, but the smile soon faded as I realized that I forgot to put her gift out. I got out of bed and walked out to the living room. Patrick sat on the couch, holding two cups of coffee. He handed one to me and I smiled at him gratefully. I noticed that she wasn’t opening her gifts.

“What’s wrong, baby?” I asked softly.

“Where’s Daddy?” She asked. I closed my eyes.

“He’s with Uncle Gerard. That’s his big brother, you know. He wanted to see what Santa would bring him, ”I lied.

“Oh, ”she smiled. “Well, then.” She began opening her gifts, and I turned to Patrick who just smiled sympathetically.

“Thanks for putting it out, ”I said softly. He nodded.

“No problem. You were out of it, so I decided to help. So, where is the bastard?” He asked in a hushed tone.

“Oh, he really is with Gerard. He has been for a while, ”I sighed.

“It’s been almost two months. Are you two over or what?”

“I don’t even know. He just… It really fucking hurt… I don’t usually hold things over people, but he was just a total dick. It was pretty much uncalled for, ”I said quietly. He nodded and we watched as she finished her opening her presents from me.

“Okay, I’m done, Mommy, ”she announced with a proud smile. I smiled back and nodded.

“Well, take your stuff to your room. I’ll clean up this mess. Just wait, you’ll have more stuff to open later, ”I grinned at her. Her eyes widened and she hurriedly picked up her stuff, taking it to her room. Patrick and I cleaned up the wrapping paper and he made us breakfast. After we finished eating, he took her to his house to wake the boys. I stayed at home to clean and cook my part of the dinner. I had just finished putting together the casserole when there was a knock at the door. I wiped my hands off on the rag and walked over to the door. I opened it and smiled at the Green Day boys.

“We thought you could use some help, ”Mike said, kissing my cheek. I nodded.

“Help is always very… Helpful, ”I laughed. I led them to the kitchen and they began working on the dressing. I was in the middle of de-boning the chicken with Billie Joe when the doorbell rang. I wiped my hands off and walked to the door, opening it. I smiled as the Avenged boys came in with elf hats and giant plush candy canes. I smiled at Jimmy who just smiled faintly at me. We finally got everything that I was responsible for cooked and prepared and everyone else had showed up. I went and threw on something more presentable and came back out in the living room. Much to my dismay, Mikey was there. The only reason I allowed him to even show up was because I knew it meant a lot to Melody.

“Hey, ”a few of the guys greeted me. I walked over and stood behind Jimmy and Mikey kept glancing up at us. After everyone opened their gifts and ate, people started to leave. Jimmy and William and most of the Fall Out Boys stayed a little later to help clean up. Mikey stayed to talk with Melody for a little while. Finally, everyone had left, and I went to put Melody to bed. She went to bed without a fight, but as I was leaving her room, she spoke up softly.

“Mommy, why are you mad at Daddy?” I turned to look at her.

“Did he say that?” I asked her.

“No, but he hasn’t been home… Pete said you guys are just in a fight and that things will be okay… Is it because of Jimmy?”

“No, it’s not. It’s between me and Daddy. Things will be okay, baby girl. I promise. I love you. Goodnight, ”I said, shutting the door behind me. I walked across the house, shutting off the lights. I walked into my room, shut the door, and walked over to the bed. I laid down and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... the next chapter... you guys won't like... I know this, because I don't like it...
Well, banners and comments please...
And please don't hate me for the next chapter...

Xo,
Jaz