Innocence Lost

Elliot

"The custody papers are now finished. Congratulations Elliot James, you are now the legal guardian of young Serenity James. There will be weekly screenings to see how things are going. When your aunts life insurance finally comes through, you will be able to use most of that money for young Serenity. That is how your aunt had it set up. Have a good day now," the woman speaking was in her mid fifties, her smile was sweet, unlike the rest of the office.

Tightening my grip on the small child's hand. I looked down at her, the small round face smiled back at me, "Thank you so much Ms. Johns. I will be seeing you around, good day," bending over, the little girls' arms wrapped around my neck. We bounded down the stairs to the car.

Locking her in tight, I started up the hunk of metal. Tuning into the soft-rock station, my eyes drifted to the backseat, her small eyes were closing. The twenty minute ride home was silent, expect for the small sound of music in the background.

Parking into my spot at the complex, I grabbed the small sleeping body and headed to the lower region. Entering the apartment, her little eyes opened up, "Elwiot?"

"Yes, princess?" her small body laid down on the bed in the second bedroom. She lifted her arms up to have the purple shirt removed, and be replaced with her Finding Nemo nightgown.

She yawned, her little curls bounced as she laid back into the bed, "Is you my new daddy?"

The word daddy struck a cord. Swallowing back tears, a smile was forced at her, "Yes baby girl. Now get some sleep. I still have to take you to preschool in the morning. And I have to go to school still. I love you, sweet dreams angel."

"I love you too Elwiot!" she rolled over and wrapped her small pudgy arms around the stuffed dog she loved so much.

Slowly standing, my body shook as I shut the door. Moving into the bedroom, I stripped from my t-shirt and jeans into a pair of deep black shorts. Lying down, the cool sheets engulfed me. 'Elliot, you are so fucking stupid. You told your baby cousin that you are her father. Why would you do that? You aren't even fit to be able to take care of her. The dumb asses at the office must be retarded. Elliot, you are just too messed up to have a child in your care. Look at yourself, you're fucking eighteen and you can't even hold a stable relationship with someone your age. How do you expect it to work with a freaking three year old?' Rolling over onto my stomach, I grunted.

'Who knows. I know I can't hold a stable relationship. But what does that matter? I have a beautiful little girl, and I will protect her, she will never have to go through what I did. Ever.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Short- Starting

Please- Comments & Subscribe

Lemme know if I should alternate between Elliot and Daisy.

-Nicole