Status: Slowly but surely

Night and Day

Not My Type

I was quite speechless to see Troy Masters making his way towards me. His shaggy sandy brown hair and bright green eyes mixed with his handsomely boyish looks had me reminding myself that he would never be interested in me. Fuck I really did forget how good looking he was. He was a walking Calvin Klein advertisement.

“Troy,” I managed to utter. Troy wrapped his arms around me and lifted me in the air, earning a squeak of surprise from me. He laughed and set me down.

“What are you doing in Vegas?” he asks with bright eyes.

“Hookers and blow.”

“I love that you haven‘t changed. You look great by the way, I swear I could take pictures of you all the time,” Troy smiles.

“Thanks, what are you doing here if you don‘t mind me asking,” I counter somewhat awkwardly.

“Staying with some friends while I do a few shoots here. They‘d love to meet you, after all they did buy those charity photos we did.”

“I‘m not going to-”

“Ammo, they are a really decent couple. Your boyfriend can come with if he‘d like,” Troy adds with a reassuring smile.

“Troy I don‘t think right now is the-” I start to say but I was cut off again but this time Rusty was the one to cut me off.

“We‘d love to,” Rusty answers placing his hand on the curve of my hip. I wanted to punch Rusty in the face. I was not comfortable with his hand resting so comfortably on my hip, it unnerved me to be honest. We walked towards the other house and all I could think was I hope I don’t have to see myself plastered on the walls. We entered the home and I grew increasingly nervous.

“Troy where did you run off- oh my word aren‘t yew the most darling looking girl I‘ve ever seen,” a man says appearing at the end of the hallway.

“Martin this is Amora and -” Troy introduces but stops to look at Rusty.

“Rusty,” he says.

“Amora as in THE Amora?” Martin counters looking at me with wide eyes.

“Something like that,” I answer.

“I adore those pictures, so lovely and retro. Yew remind me of the girls I used to be jealous of because they got all the boys.”

“Well aren‘t you all sorts of Southern.”

“Are yew makin‘ fun of me girl?” Martin responds putting his hands on his hips.

“Not even close, Amora here spent the first ten years of her life on the border of Florida and Georgia. She just doesn‘t have the heavy accent,” Troy states.

“Oh my word, yew just keep getting better. Ya have to meet Henry, he loves a good southerner,” he replies.

“I love a good what?” a man questions in a deep voice from another room. The man entered the room and took one glance at me then broke into a smile. “My wall art has been brought to life.”

“I shall grant you three wishes, none of which will come true,” I reply with a smile.

“Damn, here I thought I was going to get three wishes,” he chuckles, “I’m Henry if you haven‘t guessed already.”

“Its very nice to meet you Henry.”

“You are as lovely as those pictures Troy took of you.”

“I am hearing so much about these pictures, I never took Amora as one to pose for pictures,” Rusty mentions.

“Well you‘ll love these pictures, I bought them because she reminded me of old photos of my mother.”

“Amora is unknowingly natural at being in front of the camera, but she can be a real awkward at times,” Troy adds nudging me playfully.

“You‘re lucky you are good looking,” I mutter darkly.

“I’m lucky good looking is your weakness,” he counters with a teasing smile.

“Good looking is everyone‘s weakness, however my weakness is good looking but gay.”

“Martin has the same weakness,” Henry laughs.

“Oh hush you! Come along Rusty, you must see the photos,” Martin responds luring Rusty away whilst I stayed behind with Troy. As Henry and Martin took Rusty towards where the photographs were, Troy smiled at me.

“He‘s a good one, I can tell,” Troy says looking quite pleased.

“I‘m glad you approve,” I counter sarcastically.

“So how‘s Arizona without me?”

“Hotter.”

“Funny, you know I was actually thinking about how we met the other day, I‘m curious how‘s Eli these days?”

“He‘s still with Jennifer.”

“You‘re kidding me right? How is he still in the closet?” he responds with a laugh.

“Jennifer makes a very good beard, she hates me and she‘s for lack of a better word, an idiot,” I answer with a shrug, “I almost feel sorry for them.”

“Almost?”
“I don‘t like to dwell on their affairs, its too depressing. Its enough that I had to run into the pair recently.”

“How‘d that go?”

“A gay man pretending to be straight with an undeniably unbearable woman, he‘s miserable, she‘s spiteful. I pray they never have kids,” I say giving him a look.

“You‘re right that is depressing,” Troy replies, “Well at least you got someone better looking now.”

“You‘re ridiculous,” I laugh shaking my head at him. I could faintly hear Rusty and the others talking as well as sharing a few laughs together in the other room. The voices grew closer to the front room once again.

“It was a pleasure meeting you as well Rusty.”

“Amora are you ready?” Rusty inquires.

“Mhmm,” I answer.

“You better take care of Amora or I‘ll kill you,” Troy threatens. I let out a laugh and patted Troy gently on the arm causing him to shoot me a look.

“Stay golden Pony Boy,” I smile. Troy let out a laugh and I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle of my own.

“You‘re never going to let me live that down are you?”

“Its comic gold darling, why would I want to?”

“Fair enough,” he laughs, “Bye.”

“Later days,” I say as Troy gave me a hug.

Again I found myself at Rusty’s side with his hand resting on my hip. I said my goodbyes to Henry and Martin who were seeming adamant at giving me their numbers as well as email addresses so that I could keep in touch. Troy gave an apologetic smile as Martin insisted on getting my email address. I just laughed it off and gave Martin the address without another word so that Rusty and I could get out of there. In all honesty I didn’t want to be in such close proximity of Rusty; it made me uneasy. When we finally got out of there and reached Rueben’s place I moved away from Rusty. He let out a chuckle and then proceeded to smirk in my direction.

“You know Delmont is probably going to try to put his arm around you. If you can‘t handle me doing it then-”

“Shut it Rusty,” I snap, “I can handle it just fine, I just don‘t appreciate you telling them you were my boyfriend. I don‘t go around telling your friends that I‘m your girlfriend, its rude not to mention highly unlikely.”

“Highly unlikely?” Rusty counters with a raised eyebrow.

“You‘re not my type,” I answer before walking away. It was true, Rusty Ryan was not my type and to be honest he drove me up the fucking wall with his arrogance. He was annoying and got me fired from my jobs; tempted me like a god damn devil to do something that was highly illegal and out of character. Not only that, it was safe to say this job was going to get me into some serious trouble and more likely a prison sentence. Fuck what am I doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, hopefully this update was worth it. Thanks for reading. Congrats to limegreenworld for finishing her story Fading Colors. Its an awesome story so yall should check it out too.