Status: Slowly but surely

Night and Day

Goodnight

Walking into the house it was expected that Rusty was going to follow right behind me. I knew he had to be slightly offended at my statement; with an ego the size of his, it would surprise me if it hadn’t. My eyes glanced up to see Rueben drinking coffee and watching the stock exchange channel. Linus was sitting at the table drinking his coffee and I decided to sit across from him.

“You look nice,” Linus says looking up at me but then brought his gaze back down awkwardly.

“Thank you.”

“The car is here to pick you up,” Rusty announces.

“See you around Linus,” I smile softly at him.

I was given the low down along with a pendant necklace that doubled as a camera. Once in the car I found myself being driven towards the Las Vegas strip. It wasn’t easy to wait until I got to the final destination. This was going to be my first real heist or whatever you’d like to call it. What was funny was that I was quite good with lying and manipulating on my own terms but never in something so planned or thought out. The car stopped in front of a lavish casino as Turk opened the door for me, I stepped out of the car with a soft smile on my face. One foot after the other I walked into the lobby with a bellboy carrying my things behind me. As if on cue I saw Winston Delmont and all his glory.

He wore a three piece suit tailored perfectly to his lean body type. Saul or rather my “god father Franz” was with Winston in the parlor of the casino. The conversation veered and Saul turned to look at me with a big smile. I smiled back at him and raised my hand to give a small wave to show that I had in fact seen him. Each step I took was deliberate and Winston seemed to take notice of me right away. His dark eyes watched my every move with his gaze scanning me up and down.

“There she is, my darling Amora,” Saul smiles with open arms. I embraced him in a hug and his kissed my forehead in a loving manner.

“You were not lying Mr. Kaczynski when you said your goddaughter was beautiful,” Winston spoke continuing to check me out. I gave him an expectant look and he put his hand out. “Winston Delmont owner of this casino and many other things.”

“Amora Polanski owner of this hand and the body it's attached to,” I say shaking his hand.

“An interesting introduction.”

“Almost as interesting as your need to express what you own.”

“Not impressed?”

“Depends,” I counter with small smirk.

“Mr. Delmont your meeting is about to start.”

“It was a pleasure meeting you Amora, I hope you enjoy your stay at my casino,” Winston states formally.

“If I have any complaints I‘ll be sure to tell the management,” I respond playfully.

“If you have any complaints feel free to come to me directly.”

“Have a lovely day Mr. Delmont.”

“Likewise Miss Polanski,” he smirks before leaving with his assumed assistant. Saul smiled at me, obviously impressed with the vestige I had made on Winston Delmont. I was given my hotel key by Saul and he walked me up to the room that had been reserved for the two of us. When I reached the place I realized that it was more of an apartment than a small hotel room. There was a large living room, kitchen and two bedrooms. My things had already made it up to the room and once the room was clear of any hotel workers I took a seat on the white modern looking couch.

“You were very good out there. He likes you.”

“We‘ll see,” I yawn.

“Would you like to order some room service?” Saul inquires somehow reading my mind.

“That sounds delightful.”

Saul smiled at me and I could tell we were going to get along famously. We spent our down time watching old black and white films whilst eating some delicious hotel food. By the time we were supposed to make a casino appearance to gather intelligence it was nearly eight at night. I was stuck having to get changed into a more night appropriate outfit or rather something that was a little dressier than a regular old white sundress. I opted to wear a plum purple three quarter sleeve cocktail dress that had a scoop neckline and hugged the curves of my body without really showing any skin.

“For as young as you are, you have quite the classic style.”

“Thanks,” I reply. It was cocky but I thought that my general style was something that would attract someone like Winston. Granted on more casual days I wore band shirts and jeans but that was on days I was going to do more moving. If I was going to make an impression I had to portray the modest version of sexy. He was already used to the ostentatious type of gal with revealing tops and high slits in their skirts. I had to stand out and be different but not too indifferent to his advances. Playful but not antagonizing. Not being my usual ballbusting self was going to be hard but I figured if I tell myself he is a job that would pay off my debt, everything would be easier.

Saul stood in front of the mirror fixing his tie while I stood waiting with a clutch in my hand. We were both ready and headed downstairs to scope out the area. The plan was to have dinner at the hotel restaurant that was incredibly upscale and from there to get involved in the high rollers game. When we had taken out seats at the restaurant, there were a fair amount of people having their dinner all around us. An hour passed and we topped off our dinner with drinks. During this time Winston had begun to walk towards us, obviously a more appropriate time to approach our table after we had eaten. Saul excused himself to the restroom while Winston was halfway to us. Winston gave a welcoming smile and I smiled back.

“How did you like your meal?”

“It was good.”

“That’s what I like to hear. I assume your god father will be at the high rollers table tonight.”

“You assume correctly,” I nod.

“And you?” Winston inquires.

“Attend with him.”

“Well I can’t let you do that.”

“Why’s that?”

“Because you’ll distract all the players and they’ll be trying to talk to you instead of losing money to my casino,” he says smoothly. I had to laugh at the thought.

“Is this how you butter up girls?” I ask as I attempted to restrain my laughter. Winston seemed taken aback by the fact I wasn’t giggling and blushing furiously from his charm. He smiled however, obviously seeing the challenge he was going to face.

“How do you know I am buttering you up?”

“An assumption.”

“Dinner tomorrow night at 8 p.m.?”

“I’ll meet you in the lobby,” I respond as I took a sip from my glass.

“I will see you then, enjoy the rest of your evening,” he spoke with a smirk. I smiled in a friendly manner as a response.

“You have a nice night as well Mr. Delmont.”

“You’re making me feel old by calling me Mr. Delmont.”

“Yeah?” I say looking down before flicking my eyes up at him with a smile playing on my lips. I felt absolutely filthy with how I was acting. It wasn’t my natural state to be so flirtatious to attract someone else. For a while I never thought I was capable of flirting but then one day I intentionally tried it out only for an experiment and well the results were terrible. Terrible because I led the other person on. Again I told myself that it was a job and the man before me was a giant asshole who paid girls off when he was done with them. I watched as he smiled and leaned in towards me.

“Call me Winston,” he says in husky voice. I could smell his cologne and the delightful scent filtrated up through my nose into my nasal cavity. Christ he smelt amazing. However amazing he smelt I remained cool and collected.

“And if I don’t?” I reply with a challenging smirk. Winston broke out into a large Cheshire smile. He took my free hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the bridge of my knuckles.

“Goodnight Amora.”

“Goodnight Winston.”

He left the table just as Saul was coming back from the restroom, on the way Winston briefly spoke with Saul and shook his hand. Saul reached the table and sat down giving her a nod. He called the waiter over to the table to get the check for the meal they just ate.

“I’d like the check please.”

“It’s already been taken care of by Mr. Delmont,” the waiter spoke.

“Generous of him,” Saul responds in a surprised tone. I remained silent, leaving things to be said later on. We headed towards the high rollers club and for a while I watched as Saul played poker. The men were intrigued and wanted me to join in on the game. However I declined, stating it wasn’t something I liked to do at the very moment.¬ Saul was on a hot streak and I excused myself to go for a walk. My mind was cluttered with thoughts and as I walked along the Vegas Strip I found myself stopping at the Bellagio near the fountains. There were plenty people around taking pictures and getting drunk like it were the end of the world. I took up a space on the railing overlooking the water show.

“Not thinking of cutting out are you?”

“I don’t like leaving things unfinished,” I say immediately recognizing his voice.

“Good, I can tell he likes you.”

“Yeah I know this.”

“Someone’s cocky,” Rusty comments.

“I’m aware when I have become a target for sport,” I state in a casual manner. I felt his stare on me and I turned slightly meeting his gaze. He stared at me for a few moments and I was unsure why he was looking at me in such a way. Rusty seemed to be analyzing me and it was starting to get to me because I began to analyze him as well. With his extraordinary bone structure it was a little hard not to analyze that face.

“Keep up the good work.”

“Right of course,” I reply with a nod. “Have a good night Rusty.”

I decided it was best to leave and go back to the hotel at that moment. Much rest would be needed for the work that had to be done the next day. We went our separate ways and I walked back to the casino then through its lobby into one of the many elevators. Once back into the room, I readied myself for bed. Lying on the bed, I couldn’t stop thinking. Where would this lead? How would I pull it off? Could I even pull it off? Time would only tell and that time was approaching fast. By 8 p.m. tomorrow I would find out if I was capable of being the elusive seductress that the team needed me to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good lord it has been a long time since I've updated this story or any really. My sincerest apologies for that. It's been a crazy time for me but I updated this after a kind reader requested an update. Hopefully it was worth the wait.