Status: Finished. Thanks for reading! :)

A Safe Bet

the bet

Elena and Harlow, the Peterson twins. They came from the opposite sides of the spectrum. Elena was popular, beautiful. She cared a lot about her reputation rather than her grades. Harlow, on the other hand, was dubbed as a 'nerd' by some of Elena's friends. She cared more about her grades, than what happened in Hollywood.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Harlow asked, skipping to get into step with her sister, she gave her a reassuring smile.

Elena nodded her head, her eyes darting everywhere. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Because--"

Elena cut her off. "Harlow, I'm fine."

Harlow gave her sister a skeptical look. Elena shrugged it off. "Please, go away."

"Elena..." She persisted. No matter how much she didn't get along with Elena, she still cared. Sure, they didn't have the best relationship, but after everything that happened, Harlow couldn't care less about it.

She gave her sister another skeptical look, but Elena just shook her head.

"I'm trying to get to my class without my sister," She glared at her, "following me around just to see if I'm okay. I am obviously okay, Har. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here."

"Okay." She whispered, backing off. Elena's expression softened, it was as though she wanted the attention, but couldn't do anything about it. She let her go.

Harlow turned around so she could walk to math, but she felt that prickling, 'someone is watching you' feeling. Her subconscious made her turn to her right and there he was. He had a slight smile on his face, while his friends where laughing obnoxiously at something. She quickly turned away and kept walking, even though she knew the familiar boy was still staring after her.

John


"We can rock-paper-scissors it."

"Thats horrible."

"Well, we can't decide."

"She's a fucking girl," John rolled his eyes at his friends. "Not a piece of cake."

His friends looked down, embarrassed to be told off, but in a second they were back to talking. John looked around and stared at the girl they were targeting, Elena Peterson. The bet was was that they couldn't get Elena to sleep with one of them before graduation.

She was a senior, along with him. Elena was popular, and she did really well with the in-crowd. She was a happy girl and from what they could see, an easy girl too.

Elena had many boyfriends, from what John knew in the past four years that he's had classes with her, and he heard rumors about them too. Elena and Nick Rockway had sex at last nights party. or Elena and Josh Burnham snuck out at three in the morning just to have some 'alone time'. But Elena, with her 'power' and all, shooed away the rumors and acted as if she was innocent.

"Whoa, who's that next to Peterson?" John asked, suddenly noticing a girl he didn't recognize.

"Are you seriously an idiot?" Jared Monaco rolled his eyes. "Thats Elena's sister, Harlow."

John whistled. Harlow Peterson, how come he's never heard of her? John reiterated his thought into words.

Jared rolled his eyes again. "Because you're an idiot. Harlow's a senior too, dude. She and Elena are twins. Harlow is not as popular; she's just smart. I had her in math freshman year until she moved up to pre calc sophomore year, and she's in my english class this year."

"So, Elena's got the popularity and Harlow's got the brains..." John stared at the girl. Elena shook her head at something that Harlow said, and she started to walk away. It was like that feeling that someone was watching her, and she glanced at John, who didn't bother to look away.

"Hey, John." One of his friends called out. "Screw the bet with Elena. How about...you can't get into Harlow Peterson's pants before prom?"

"I'll bet you I can." John smirked, glancing back in the direction Harlow disappeared to.

"Dude, don't." Jared rolled his eyes. "She's not like Elena. In fact, the opposite."

His friend stuck his hand out and John ignored Jared. He spit into his hand and they shook on it.

"It's a bet."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey there! sooooo, i'm pretty excited for this. i've never done a bby john story before, so this will be new ;) we kind of rummaged through our movies and books collections to think of this, so I hope you guys will love it.
comments would be lovely!
-raveena :)