Status: How far would you go for revenge?

Shed Not a Single Tear

Heart to Heart

Bradstin
Stiles
Hartford
Michaels
Smith
??????

Charlotte starred at her list before tossing her pen down and looking up as her partner walked in.

"I got you some chips." Todd Slivers said tossing the bag causing it to land right in front of her.

"Oh thanks." she said bothered by the fact that she needed to find out the last guys name.

"Hey take a break, you've been at that all day once again, we'll find them." he said walking over to her and scooting her chair away from the desk of the room they currently were staying in and got onto his knees in front of her and grabbed her hands.

"The sooner the better." she said sadly.

"Hey, don't start frowning on me. I love you." Todd said kissing one of her hands, she gave a small smile.

"I know you do." she said sitting forward and wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly...

"Come on child let's get you a change of clothes and food." Sister Mary said leading four year old Charlotte away from the refrigerator box she'd made her home.

"I'm so hungry." Charlotte whimpered.

"It'll be ok as soon as we get you to the church." the sister said hurrying not to get caught by any soldiers. The reached the abandoned church safely and the sister led her into the basement where she had over time helped young teens and children and brought them here to care for them. Even though her church had been abandoned she never abandoned her belief.

"Sister Mary, Michelle is sick again." Nine year old Todd Silvers said worried for his sister.

"Alright, would you mind taking care of Charlotte and I'll see what I can do?" the sister said before hurrying over to where 13 year old Michelle Silvers stood hunched over in pain. Charlotte looked up at Todd with sad eyes.

"Food." she whimpered before bursting into tears and dropping to the floors and bringing her knees up to her chest and burrying her face. Todd frowned.

"Don't cry! I'll get you something, stay right here!" Todd said before hurrying away to find her something to eat. This week was soup week and every child got three bowls of soup each day, Todd was willing to spare his lunchtime soup and letting her have his meaning she'd get two for lunchtime instead of just one like everyone else. He came back with his bowl and hers and set them on a table, and then helped Charlotte to her feet and led her to the table and sat down across from her. She ate the first bowl quickly and then took her time with the second bowl.

"My name's Todd." he said with a small smile.

"I'm Charlotte." she said in a quiet voice as she starred down at her bowl.

"It's really nice here. You'll like it!" Todd said trying to comfort his new friend.

"I just want my mommy and daddy!" Charlotte said before looking up at him with tears in her eyes. He felt her saddness right away.

"Michelle is all I have left now. And she's really sick..." Todd said looking in the directions of his sister who was started to cough.

"Were your parents killed to?" Charlotte asked.

"I don't know." Todd said starting to look pale. "I'm going to check on my sister, I'll be here for you whenever you need me." Todd said with a small smile that didn't reach his eyes and he walked towards his sister.

A couple of days later he was woken up by Sister Mary to hear news he never wanted to hear.

Charlotte walked up to Todd's side and placed her hand in his and looked up at him; he looked away from his sister's casket and looked down at Charlotte with tears running down his cheek. He didn't say anything, and neither did she, they both looked forward as two of the oldest teens slowly placed the poorly made casket into the spot that was dug up for her. All they had was wood from the church, some nails, and a hammer. Not like any of the funeral homes had good caskets laying around. As the two oldest teens began covering up the spot they dug Todd pulled Charlotte over to where Sister Mary was and she handed him a cross. Charlotte released his hand and watched as Todd painted Michelle Silvers onto the cross and handed it back to the sister who gave Todd a sympathic look.

Charlotte frowned as Todd began to sniffle again and she walked up to him and wrapped her tiny arms around him to give him a hug. She didn't have anyone when she lost her parents but she could be there for someone.


Charlotte never left his side after that day and he never left her's. Todd had no one out there and neither did she, but they each had something to live for...each other.