Status: I love this story...I'll come back to it one day

Smile When Your Heart Breaks

#1

Delia sighed, parking her green Escalade outside of a small house in a small area in a small reservation called La Push. She dropped her face down and smacked it into the steering wheel. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ! Her horn did not do justice to alert any surrounding innocents of her crappy mood. She had to move from Vegas- VEGAS! – to this rainy little beach in Washington. What did she ever do to deserve this?!

She could hear her mother’s voice in her head. 24 arrests, 5 DUIs, 2 totaled cars, 1 stolen car, trespassing, truancy, etc etc. Delia rolled her eyes, sitting up in the car. Everyone did that! You don’t see the rest of them getting sent away to a swamp. Seriously, there was nothing here but trees, mud, and water. And her cousin, but he could visit her!

The front door to the red, almost farm-like house opened and out came Uncle Billy and some shirtless guy that vaguely resembled her cousin. Delia climbed out of the car. “Hi Uncle Billy,” she hopped over and gave him a hug, as she always did when she saw him or said goodbye.

She drew back and put her hands on her hips and surveyed the shirtless guy next to her uncle, then tapped her chin as she walked a circle around him. “Who are you and why do you resemble a buffer, tanner, and more stylish version of my cousin Jacob?” Delia questioned, stopping in front of him again. Said buff tan and stylish guy rolled his eyes.

“Maybe because I am him?” he answered sarcastically.

Delia raised her eyebrows. “Uh huh. Prove it.” Her Uncle laughed.

The Jacob Impersonator sighed. “You used to be the exact same height as me for two years when we were six and seven, you annoyingly called me ‘Jay Jay’ when you were eight, you got into big trouble for trying to dye your hair when you were specifically told not to when you were nine- and you used household bleach to do that- and had your ears pierced when you were ten for the second time, you got them pierced the first time when you were seven, you tried to-and almost succeeded in- stealing your parents car right after dinner when you were twelve, and you went cliff-diving for the first time when you were thirteen. You haven’t been here for the past three years because you were too busy getting into trouble and made me go out to see you when you were fourteen in Vegas because you were too lazy to come here. You skipped a grade last year and just graduated.”

Billy was stunned at his son’s memory. Since when has he acquired a brain? He wondered.

“Okay and lastly, what is my favorite food and animal?” Delia quizzed.

Jacob sighed patiently, having recited everything he could possibly know about her because she always tested him at random. “Your favorite food is hot cheetoes and your favorite animal is a wolf, which you’re wearing on your finger by the way.”

“Oh my gosh! You ARE Jacob!” Delia exclaimed, launching herself at her cousin. “We did use to be the same height, but now you dwarf me by what, seven inches? Eight? I’m 5’7 which is a very good average modeling height.”

Jake laughed and hugged his cousin. “Thanks, you got prettier too. It’s a good thing you got that blue streak out- it looked like a blueberry barfed in your hair and you forgot to wash it out!” Delia stuck her tongue out at him.

“It was awesome, and so were my green, red, purple, yellow and orange streaks!” Delia’s relatively short, chest-length hair was usually straightened with different style bangs and single streaks in different areas of her head every time Jacob saw her. There was the straight-across bangs with skater hair and purple streak at the bottom, the side-bangs with red on the left side and longer hair, the center part with yellow streaks and brown lowlights, all sorts. Changing her look was something Delia loved to do, although she had toned it down to just changing her nail polish colors for now. Her hair was jet-black, no hints of brown at all. It was currently layered, a little choppily, to her lower back. Her skin, unlike her mother’s half of the Quileute family, was a glowy golden color and her eyes ranged from light to dark brown.

She was a party girl, but ran around everywhere, hence an athlete’s body. “So, cousin, wanna help me load my stuff into your sisters’ old room?”

*&%$#@!

Four suitcases, five duffels, two boxes and countless bags and purses later, Jacob and Delia had unloaded all of her things into the house. “What do you have in here?” Jacob complained as he unloaded everything without any effort whatsoever. “There’s so much stuff!”

“Hm…” Delia opened her favorite suitcase and dumped a huge armful of bright, neon-colored lingerie into a drawer. “Well this suitcase is underwear, toiletries, makeup and socks.” It only took her another two trips to unload the entire thing. Her other suitcases were bright and unique as well, and she pawed through them with a smile. Suitcase shopping was really fun for her. It was an expensive hobby, but still. “Those two are clothes and shoes and accessories. And duh, I brought presents.” She smiled up at her cousin, a dimple below her lower right cheek. “I waited tables at a club type thing and I made a lot of tips, so honestly I don’t know what mom was being all anal about, sending me off when she wasn’t even paying my phone and gas bills,” she huffed, pulling an expensive-looking hat out that was for her uncle, cushioned carefully by clothes for Leah, Rachel and Rebecca. Their stuff would need to be shipped out though. Delia literally wrote out the names of every single person she knew fairly well on the reservation and bought them things that she thought they would like with her own money.

“What kind of songs do you like?” Delia asked as she pranced over to one of her many bags and extracted her Dell, plugging it in with folding flat but loud speakers, her Zune charger and battery cable.

“I don’t have a huge preference- usually Indie, Rock, R&B, Alternative.”

“Rock it is!” Delia tapped a few keys and Avenged Sevenfold began to blast out of the speakers as she laid her favorite blankets out on the bed.

They caught up on minor subjects while Delia unpacked, surprisingly efficiently because her things were packed in a very organized manner. Eventually, they turned off the music and Delia pressed Jacob to tell her about his relationship drama.

*Half An Hour Later *

“That BITCH!” she exclaimed, shooting up from her chair.

“Delia wait-” She bolted out of the house, her keys in her pocket as always, and leaped onto her bike, zooming away as he ran outside at supernatural speed. “Shit,” he groaned, running after her and hoping he wouldn’t walk in on blood.

It was only a matter of minutes before Delia had reached the sheriff’s house. No, she was not afraid of getting arrested. Pulling a pin out of her hair, she bit off the rounded end and slid it into the doorknob, shaking carefully and impatiently until the door swung open. She stormed up the stairs and entered the first bedroom she saw, throwing the door unceremoniously open. A plain girl with a pale face sat up in her bed in surprise, only to be thrown back down by a punch to the face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Delia

Escalade

[http://www.ilovemybra.com/media/blogs/b/bra-g-pink-polka-dot.jpg]underwear suitcase[/url]

hat

blankets

bed

This is another one of my long-lost drabbles that I found and fell in love with! I am SO excited to finally post a Paul fanfiction and I honestly think that this is going to turn out wonderfully. So let me know what you think and stick around!!!

PS- Delia has a bike that she built with Jacob one summer when she stayed at his house.