Love Bites

Letter One

Rain is what I smell, the remaining few drops in my wine glass is what I'm tasting. Tears are what I feel, trickling down my face, stinging my eyes. I wish I could stop them. My skin is cold, as the window is open. I'm lying here in bed, naked. You won't leave my mind. It has been weeks. This is the truth.

At first your letter made me curious. I was so tempted to read it, recognising your extravagant handwriting from where you scribbled "Kate" on the envelope. Only you write like that. I couldn't put it off. I should have been getting dressed, but I broke. I gave in. Still in a towel I began to read.


When you make love, do you look in the mirror?
Who do you think of, does he look like me?


Def Leppard lyrics? Are you fucking serious? That just pissed me off. How could you be such a jerk? You know how much I love that band! Way to kill it for me.
Even if I pretend that those words are not familiar, what you're asking me still makes me angry. What do you care who I'm with and what the sex is like? Do you really want to know? There's nothing. I stay at home and play guitar, that's it. There is no other man. Why would you care anyway? You left me. You have a girlfriend.


When you're alone, do you let go?
Are you wild 'n' willin', or is it just for show?



Once again, why the hell would you care? Thanks for reminding me that I'm tragically alone.

I'm not even going to bother signing this letter. I couldn't be bothered to waste anymore time or ink on you.