Status: Very active. :)

Falling and Failing Is All I Know

Ten

“Oh Brian, I’m so sorry. Why did she break up with you?” Kara asked, giving Brian a comforting hug.

“I don’t know. She didn’t give me a reason. She just said “it’s over” and walked away dragging her suitcase behind her,” he said. He sounded like he was in the middle of being angry an apathetic.

“I’m really, really sorry Brian. I know that’s not what you want to hear. I know it’s not helping at all, but it’s all I’ve got.”

“No you’re not.”

“I’m not what?”

“Sorry. You’re probably jumping up and down in happiness on the inside. You wanted this to happen. I saw the way you always looked at Roxy. You hated her. You hated seeing us when we were together. Face it; you hate the fact that you still love me.”

Kara opened her mouth to protest, but Brian started talking again before she could. She honestly couldn’t believe he would say that. She hadn’t done anything to deserve this.

“Don’t even try to say you don’t love me. I see it in your eyes. The way you act around Matt is nothing compared to how you were around me. You love me, and you always have.”

Kara had tears silently spilling out of her eyes and rolling down her cheeks. She was trying to figure out why he was doing this to her.

“I am sorry for you Brian.”

“Whatever. You’re glad Roxy and I broke up. You were jealous. Anyone with a brain could see it. You tensed up every time you were around us and we showed signs of affection.”

“Why are you doing this to me?” Kara choked out through sobs.

“Admit you still love me.”

“I hate you.” Kara spat at Brian with as much hate as she could muster up. With that she turned on her heel and stormed from the room, slamming the door so hard that it made the entire bus shake. It startled Jimmy and Johnny so badly that they both fell onto the floor, Jimmy screaming like a little girl and Johnny exclaiming “Don’t kill us!”

Kara didn’t stop to apologize for scaring them, she just half ran past them and through the door of the bus. Once out of the bus, she broke into a run. Not really paying attention to where she was going. She just ran. The whole time she was constantly wiping the steady flow of tears from her face. She was cursing herself for crying like this over Brian again. He obviously wasn’t even worth it.

Finally after about an hour she regained control over her emotions. She plopped down onto the nearest bench and tried to catch her breath. She wiped away the last of her tears and laughed halfheartedly at herself. She was overreacting and she knew it. After a while, she stood up and started making her way back to the bus.

~x~

“Okay so since we have the night off we were thinking about going to catch a movie or something,” Jimmy said.

“Yeah, so?” Kara asked, looking down at the floor. She didn’t really feel like going anywhere, but it would help to get her mind off of what happened with Brian.

“You should come with us.”

“Okay,” she said finally, “I just have to get ready.

She peeled herself off the couch and went into the bathroom. She turned on the shower so the water could get nice and warm while she went into the bunk room to get her clothes.
She walked through the door and her eyes immediately flew to Brian, who was sitting on his bunk, leaning against some pillows with his laptop balanced on his knees.

“Kara, I-” he started.

“Save it.” Kara said simply, grabbing her clothes and getting out of the room before she burst into tears again.

~x~

“So what movie are we seeing again?” Kara asked as Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky and herself made their way to the top row in the movie theater.

“A zombie movie,” Johnny said, happily popping a handful of extra buttery popcorn into his mouth.

“Oh no,” Kara groaned.

“Oh come on. This’ll be fun. Besides after that little episode with Brian earlier you need to do something,” Jimmy said, patting Kara on the shoulder before sinking down into the chair and settling himself in for the movie.

“Whatever.”

Kara sat down in between Zacky and Johnny. She grabbed a handful of Johnny’s popcorn and threw it at Zacky and Jimmy who were sitting to her left.

“Slut,” Zacky spat, jokingly.

“Man whore,” she quickly shot back.

“That stung.”

Zacky made a pouty face at Kara causing her to laugh.

“Shh the movie’s starting,” Johnny said excitedly, sitting on the extreme edge of his seat, clutching his giant bucket of popcorn and bouncing up and down slightly.

“Don’t they make medication for people like him?” Kara asked, shooting a concerned glance towards Johnny.

Jimmy and Zacky just shrugged their shoulders and laughed at little.

~x~

Two hours later, the four emerged from the theater, wide-eyed and shaking slightly.

“That was the scariest thing I’ve ever seen,” Kara said.

“You’ve obviously never seen Jimmy when he first wakes up,” Johnny said, dodging Jimmy’s fist as it shot in his direction.

“I swear you guys are the only thing that keeps me sane,” Kara said.

“Aww, group hug!” Johnny screamed a little too loudly.

Kara laughed and wrapped her arms around the two guys. They were all laughing and just having a good time when Kara’s phone rang, ruining their “moment.”

She checked the caller id and it read: ‘Dickface.’ She laughed again at the name Jimmy had used for Brian in her phone. Going against her better judgment, she answered it.