Status: Very active. :)

Falling and Failing Is All I Know

Thirteen

“Kara, wake up,” Brian said, shaking Kara’s sleeping body gently.

Kara woke up slowly. She was extremely groggy from sleeping away most of the day before, but she didn’t have a headache anymore, which was a big plus.

“Brian. What’s up?”

She sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and stretching. The longer she stayed awake, the more she remembered yesterday. She had broken up with Matt. That was bound to make everything awkward now since they were still living in the same bus.

“We are going shopping,” Brian stated.

“What?” What was he up to, that was the last thing she had expected to come out of his mouth just then.

“I’m taking you shopping.” Brian said, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

“Why?”

“Girls like to go shopping. Doesn’t it cheer them up?”

“Well yeah, but-”

“But nothing. I figured that you could use some cheering up after the events of the last couple of days so I’m taking you shopping.”

“You don’t have to do that, Brian,” Kara said. Shopping actually sounded like a great idea, but she didn’t know if she was ready to start spending time with Brian again. She knew how he felt, but he didn’t know that she did. She just had no idea how she felt about him in return.

“Okay then,” she said, sitting up so her legs dangled off the side of the bed.

“So you’ll go?”

“Yes, Brian. I’ll go, but you better not complain when I want to look at every store we come across.”

“Be ready in an hour,” was all he said before standing up and leaving the room.

~x~

“Thanks for this,” Kara said to Brian as she sank down next to him on a bench in the middle of the huge shopping mall.

“No problem. What happened to you sucked and I knew that you could use some major cheering up.”

“You’re the best, you know that right?”

“Oh yeah, always. That’s why so many girls want to get in my pants.”

Kara punched Brian in the arm at that remark. He grabbed his arm and made a face like he was in pain.

“How dare you hit me? I’m appalled. I am Brian fucking Haner.”

“Well Brian fucking Haner, I don’t care who you are. I’ll hit you whenever I damn well please.”

Kara jumped up from the bench and lightly slapped Brian on his face. His jaw dropped as he tried to keep up the “diva” act. That didn’t last very long. Instead he looked at Kara with a glint in his eyes that she knew all too well.

“Brian, no,” she started backing away slowly, not taking her eyes off of him.

In turn Brian started slowly taking steps towards her. Each time he took a step forward she took a step back.

“Brian,” Kara said warningly, still backing away from him every time he stepped closer.

“Kara.” A grin spread across his face and he nodded his head yes as she shook hers no.

Brian lunged towards Kara. She let out a squeal and turned and ran as fast as she could. She would not let him catch her. If she did, he would tickle her until she cried. It had happened before when he’d looked at her that way. She flat out sprinted as she weaved through and dodged the people doing their shopping the mall.

She knew there was a large park just a few blocks away from the mall. If she could just make it to the park she could hide. The doors were in sight, revolving doors at that. She ran faster and finally made it through the doors. She took the chance of Brian catching her when she turned and looked behind her.

Kara collapsed to the ground laughing when she saw the sight in front of her. Brian was running in circles in the revolving door. He couldn’t get out it.

“When I get out of this thing, you’re dead!” He screamed, trying to keep himself from laughing, but the smile that was spread across his face gave him away.

Kara stood up and ran. She knew he could and would catch her once he got out of the door. Still laughing, she started running again in the direction of the park. She kept taking quick glances behind her, but she couldn’t see Brian anywhere. Hopefully he was still stuck so she could hide.

Kara finally made it to the park. She looked around for a place to hide. She found the perfect place. She ran over and basically dove into a tunnel thing that little kids played in. She leant against the inside of it and pulled the bottle of water she had been drinking earlier out of one of her shopping bags.

Kara had just raised the bottle to her lips when Brian appeared at the end of the tunnel.

“Hello Kara,” he said, as he crawled inside.

“Hi Brian, my best friend in the whole wide world,” She slowly started backing towards the other open end of the tunnel.

“Oh no you don’t,” Brian said.

Before Kara knew what was happening Brian was on top of her. Tickling her like she had never been tickled before. He didn’t stop until she had tears streaming down her face from laughing so much. Kara didn’t think he was ever going to stop.

When he finally did stop, he was sitting on top of her and he had her hands pinned down.
They both stayed still, trying to catch their breath. Brian moved one of his hands and wiped all the moisture off Kara’s face.

“Brian, can I make a confession?” Kara asked, taking a deep breath.

“Sure.” Brian was totally unsure about what was coming. He felt nervousness course through him as he all but held his breath waiting for her to continue.

“I was really awake when you put me in my bunk that night I was drunk. I heard what you said to me. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

“Oh.”

The two just sat there, well in Kara’s case lay there, in silence. The nerve-wracking and awkward silence went on for what seemed like forever. Neither of them wanted to be the first to break it.

“Brian,” Kara finally said.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

Brian didn't even hesitate before answering her.

“I love you too.”

It seemed like time stood still as Brian lowered his face closer to Kara’s. He stopped when his lips were almost touching hers.

“I always have,” he whispered.

Brian closed the gap between their lips. And just like that, everything was as close to perfect as it needed to be, but Kara still wanted to take it slow and not just jump into to anything.

“That being said, I think we should still take things slow. You know, hang out and make sure we still like each other liked we used to,” Kara said slowly, hoping Brian didn’t think she was just playing with his feelings.

“I understand. How about I take you out on a real date? That way we can see if we’re still as compatible as we were.”

“I think that would be great.”

“We can go out tomorrow night since we have a show to play tonight and we don’t have to leave until Sunday. How does seven sound?”

“I’ll be ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I know the revolving door thing isn't very realistic, but I thought it was funny. Comments make me happy! :)