Just As,

Before you,

jfip“Before you run away from me,” an oddly calm voice spoke quietly. There was the slightest hint of plea in his tone, along with enormous amount of confidence, which had quite a weird vibe. That sound, that speaking voice, it was nothing louder than a whisper, yet, almost as loud as a regular person talking. And those six words, those six words that had absolutely nothing to do with anything, they made it seem as if he, the speaker, knew. How could one, simple person possibly know? What is there to know, anyway? But, still, it sounded as if he just knew…all that was going to happen, all that had already happened, all that is happening…as if he just knew.
jfipIt might have been a warning, or at least it should have been. But these words weren’t specifically directed to her, were they? She didn’t know the speaker, he was a complete stranger; someone she had never seen before. In fact, even then, at that moment, she couldn’t quite see him. She –an average girl, average height, average body, average clothes, average brown hair and average brown eyes– was just passing by through a street on her way home. He –the oddest of men, with his odd clothes, odd blue eyes, odd brown hair, odd sharp features and odd, bird like nose– was standing a few steps ahead of her; and he wasn’t even looking at her, he had his back facing her. And when an average person is just walking through the same street where an odd person just happened to be standing, before they even see each other, it isn’t possible that one stranger would warn another.
jfip“You’ve got a light, you can feel it,” the odd voice spoke again. The girl looked behind her. “What light?” she asked quietly; average voice, average question, average insecurity and uncertainty. “A light, you can feel it, on your back,” the male spoke again. Some seconds passed and there was no respond. The girl stayed still in her spot, eyeing the mysterious stranger, trying to figure out who he was, why he was talking to her and whether she knew him or not.
Still receiving no response, the odd strangers turned around. “Metaphorically speaking,” he said, his tone bored as he was stating what seemed so obvious to him. “You know, a light on your back. As if, as if, like, the room is all dark and you’ve got this light, on your back, it shines on you and so it makes it all about you. As if everything is about you and everybody focus on you, it makes you the most noticeable person around,” the person explained in one breathe, and one breathe alone. He spoke quickly, moving his hands and arms around as the words quickly went from his brain through his mouth straight into her ears.
jfipThe girl looked behind her quickly, just to check if there was another person out there. When she turned her gaze back to the stranger, he was staring right into her eyes. The pair of blue, awfully cold eyes rolled slowly as the stranger sighed disappointed. “Yes, I am talking to you, is it really that hard to gather?” Quick words, spitted out of the thin line of lips the stranger possessed, directed towards the girl.
jfip“How do you…what?” she asked confused, her mouth hanging slightly opened as she struggled on her words. “Hmm, well, you aren’t particularly clever, are you?” The stranger spoke as quickly as before, words and sentences easily forming inside his overly working brain and flowing out of his fast moving mouth. “But, before you run away from me,” he said again, but this time looking directly at her. And as his ice blue eyes stared directly into her brown ones, as his tiny little lips moved slightly, letting the words out; he took a step towards her.
jfipBehind him, it was now revealed, was another person, lying on the ground. It was a girl; a lifeless, helpless girl. She was completely white, drained. Her eyes were wide open, absolutely colorless and her mouth was just slightly open, lips completely white. Two disgusting wounds were decorating her neck, each of them covered in dried blood that had dripped down her neck, leaving dark red traces across her white, colorless skin.
jfipThe girl, the one that was still alive, eyed the body in fear as the stranger took another step closer to her, further away from the body. “There is nothing to explain, is there?” Another rhetorical question was shot to the air, another sentence the stranger directed to her. “And before you…”, he started speaking again, but stopped as soon as he realized no one was listening. “Excuse me, do you mind focusing? I’m trying to...” He tried again to draw her attention back to him but to no avail, the ordinary girl was frozen in fear and horror.
jfip“She’s dead,” the terrified girl partly said, partly asked quietly, her voice just barely heard. The stranger looked behind him just for a second, just to see what had shocked his upcoming victim so much that she forgot he was standing right in front of her. “Well,” he spoke loudly, this time, making sure he was heard passed her pointless stare. “She better be dead. It’d be quite scary if she was still alive, don’t you think?”
jfipThe girl quickly looked away from the dead body, her gaze fixed on the odd stranger standing in front of her. Her brown, average eyebrows hang lowly as she studied the stranger, the very, very odd stranger. There was something wrong with him. There was a body, a dead, drained body so close to them and yet, he had shown no emotions at all. Shouldn’t he be as terrified as she was? Shouldn’t he be even a slightly bit concerned? Yet he just stood there, somewhere in between the dead and the alive, speaking easily.
jfipAs the stranger received the attention he desired, as the girl tore her eyes off his previous victim stared at him again, he smiled satisfied. His lips parted slowly, revealing his odd teeth as a creepy grin spread across his face. And as soon as his facial expression had changed, he could see both her eyes focusing on his mouth, squinting and trying to look into the newly revealed details of his body; his teeth. They weren’t quite white, nor exactly yellow, but something in between. That didn’t matter, though, that didn’t send shivers down the girl’s spine. Other than their color, their actual color, there was an additional shade clinging onto them; dark red shades.
jfipHe noticed how the girl in front of him opened her eyes a slightly bit more, looking quickly at him, the body and back at him. He could see the realization slowly sinking in through her eyes and knew he is just about to lose her. “Before,” she spoke firmly and took a big, final step forward, just enough for him to reach out and grab her by the wrist. “You run away from me,” he finished his sentence, holding her firmly in place.
jfip“You keep saying that! What does that mean?” She should have run away a long time ago, she knew that. Right at that moment, she should have escaped his grip and run as fast as she could. Except that she couldn’t, she was frozen in her spot, terrified and intrigued both at the same time.
jfip“Words are a sawed off shotgun,” the stranger spoke knowingly, as if he had just said the most clever thing on earth, as if he had just shared the biggest secret ever. “What the hell does that mean?!” She was shouting now; panic beginning to rise inside of her. Yet, she did not fight. She didn’t even try to escape his grip.
jfip“Before you run away from me,” he repeated once again. “Just as you realize that you can’t,” his grip of her wrist tightened. “As your bad day disappears, just as any other thought in your mind fades away, soon to be forgotten,” he spoke quickly. Yet, each and every word that escaped his throat hanged in the air for several moments before disappearing. “Before you know what’s about to come, just as you realize what had happened,” his lips moved quicker and quicker, softly spitting out meaningless words; meaningless words to keep her paralyzed. He had nothing to say, he had absolutely nothing to say, but he kept on speaking as he moved his body closer to the girl, leaving as little distance between them as he could bear.
jfip“Can’t you feel it?” his voice suddenly changed. He was no longer talking to her, he was no longer wasting time; he was in a different world now. He was talking to himself. “The beat, the beat goes round and round,” his clear speaking became more and more like a mumble. “The heartbeat,” he suddenly pushed his nose against her neck, the cold touch causing a small scream to form inside the girl’s throat, a scream that had just barely gone out to the fresh night air. The high-pitched sound threw his mind out of his world back to reality, and so he smiled.
jfip“Come on and let it out,” he said loudly, nearly shouting. His tiny little tongue slipped between his lips, slowly licking his teeth in hungry. He could smell it, he could feel it; every single beat of her heart, every pumping of blood through her veins, every single drop of the warm liquid swimming underneath her skin…and he couldn’t resist. He didn’t even try.
jfipAs his teeth touched her skin, just before they sank into her neck, she let out a blood-freezing scream. Not from the pain, she didn’t live long enough to feel it – just from the future, the tiny little glimpse of future that had scared her to death. And he let her voice echo for half a second, letting it hang in the air for the last time; a voice that would never be heard again.
jfipJust as his odd teeth sank deeply inside her helpless neck, as a few drops of blood escaped the –now lifeless– body, the sound of her voice was entirely gone, vanished in the dead of night.
♠ ♠ ♠
It absolutely sucks and it probably makes no sense but I needed to get it out of my head.
Word count: 1,718.
Play count: 499.