Midnight ***er

Chapter 18

*TIME ELAPSE*

I sat by my brother and listened to his heart beat slow, struggle and then stop completely. It was heartbreaking to watch my brother slip away like that and know that this was something I couldn’t help him with although ironically it was me who had caused this. I did debate at this point whether I should just kill him in his sleep before he could transfer into the un-dead. I considered biting him again as drinking dead blood was generally written in books as a bad thing for vampires. Maybe it would kill me and do both of us at the same time. I wanted to die; to end it all but something stopped me as I bent my head to bite my brother.

The thing that stopped me was a flash of thought which came from my brother. Well, not thought exactly but I can’t describe it. All of a sudden I was aware of him and his presence. Freaked all of a sudden I sat up and scampered back and away from the prone figure of my brother.

That’s how he found me when he opened his eyes as it got light, cowering in the corner. It must have made quite a sight, well; I know it did as I got a vivid flash of what he saw. That scared me even more than what I had done for a moment. I didn’t want to see everything my brother saw from now on! God, I should have made sure he couldn’t come back and bit him again when I had been given the chance. It was at that moment that I realised how I had turned him. As I realised I was draining his life blood I had stopped sucking and the blood in my mouth had seeped just a little back to the holes in his neck. Not much but apparently enough to kill and transform him.

“Gerard?” Mikey was calling to me softly. “Am… Did I die?”

I could almost taste his worry as he asked me that and I felt like I died a little more inside. I stood and walked towards him ignoring the flashing images in my mind of me doing just that. I sat next to him and nodded, “I am so sorry Mikey, so very sorry.”

He looked at me, “what for?” I stared at him in confusion and so he continued, “Gee, I can understand your wants so much better now I am going to experience them. I will be able to help you even better than I could before.”

“This is not a good thing Mikey, I mean; you’re dead so how can it be good?” I stood and paced away and as the image of my own back settled in my head I growled and whirled around. “Get out of my head!”

“Wh-What?”

“I can see what you see and a few feelings too. I don’t like it though because to be honest it is creeping me out. It is like a television that I can’t turn off.”

“You do realise this means whoever turned you can probably see what you are doing all the time?” I spun paranoid all of a sudden and stared at him. “I am guessing that was the reason you were chosen Gee. I mean, who wouldn’t want to see life through the eyes of a rock star?”

I must admit the whole thing made me feel uncomfortable as this was a whole lot more serious than any stalker problem we had faced. “I wish I knew who had done it,” I sighed, “at least you know it was me and you can kill me for it.”

Mikey came over to me and placed his hand on my arm, “I am not going to kill you.”

“I’d kill me,” I said bitterly, “look at what I have become.”

“We both share that now and together we can face things I am sure,” Mikey smiled at me, “now, tell me how you fed without killing because I am sure I will need that knowledge.”