Midnight ***er

Chapter 19

*TIME ELAPSE*

During the day I taught Mikey all I knew about being a vampire. It wasn’t much admittedly as everything I had done had been trial and error based on books and films. By the time the sun set I took him out to try the quick drinking technique that I had taught him. His first experience of blood sent such a bolt of pleasure through me that I nearly fell over. I found a chair by this café we had found and sat down heavily. I remembered the feeling being intense but I had never expected to feel it again. Least of all through my brother.

Mikey skipped from person to person and I stayed seated almost feeling my own blood lust ebb away as he drank which sounds bizarre. I was vicariously drinking through another I suppose. I settled back and closed my eyes watching people bustling around the area through the eyes of my brother. I was getting used to the television in my mind and the emotions drifting my way were starting to send pleasure thrills up and down my spine.

I heard a familiar heartbeat then and opened my eyes to see Frank scanning the area. I watched curiously for a while wondering what he was doing in the middle of… well… wherever the hell we were. He spotted me and came over to sit in front of me. He folded his arms, “Well?”

I looked at him blankly, “What do you want from me?”

“Mikey sent me a text to meet you here because you wanted to talk,” he sighed, “So talk and try to explain this.”

I just stared at him, “I…”

“You knew nothing about this Gerard?” he asked, his voice soothingly gentle, “If you aren’t ready to talk to me then I will wait…,” he stood to leave but I grabbed his wrist to stop him, “Do not touch me!”

I instantly let go, “Stay? I will try but this is hard for me because…”

“You don’t know the reason is that it?” Frank asked as he sat down again and my voice trailed off. He hailed a waitress and ordered a coffee.

I was quick to shake my head, “No, it’s not that it’s just that I don’t know how you will react to it.”

“Oh, come on, I came on to you and that could have caused such a…,” Frank’s head snapped up as he considered this, “Oh, do you mean that you…,” his own voice trailed away and I dropped my head as I mumbled the affirmative. There was a long silence before he spoke again, “I don’t know what to say to that.”

“I know it can’t justify what I did Frank but that’s the reason,” I was still unable to meet his gaze, “I never meant for her to die though please believe that if nothing else.” I scooted my chair back and stood to go, “I will go, have your coffee in peace,” Frank made no movement to stop me when red flashed in my mind along with an overwhelming surge of guilt. In my head flashed an image of a girl’s body hanging limply in the arms of my brother. Mikey had killed and the realisation made me sit down again, “Fuck!”

“What is it?” Frank sounded bored but then to him I guess it seemed an excuse to stay.

“I need to find Mikey before…,” I broke off with a small cry as the guilt transformed to pleasure and he looked for victims. “Frank, help me stop him before he kills again!”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay, had a touch of writers block