Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Eleven

Three hours and twelve minutes; that’s how long it took for the little yellow car to make the journey from Garrett’s house to the big looking three story home it was parked in front of now. The house looked very big but from what Lilly was saying to Garrett he understood it was quite crowded, all of the seven bedrooms were occupied, many having two people in just to help cut bills down.

“You ready?” John asked unlocking his passenger side door.

“Yeah, thanks for coming with me.”

“You needed someone to entertain you during the ride.” The boys got out of the car and walked up to the brickwork house. Garrett knocked and cursed in his head when a blonde around the bassist’s height opened the door, out the corner of his eye Garrett could see John trying to fight a smirk.

“Is Lilly here? We’re friends of hers?” John asked knowing how awkward Garrett could be in these situations. He used to be like that once but needing to be a front man and speak in front of thousands of people at a time his confidence grew.

“Lilly? No sorry we don’t have a Lilly here.”

“Are...are you sure? She’s short around five, erm five foot 3, erm red head and hazel eyes!” Garrett stuttered slightly and avoided eye contact as he spoke.

“OHH you mean Evelyn! That sounds like Evelyn, she’s in a downstairs room labelled with the number 2 come in.”

The boys walked into the house thanking the blonde girl and gave each other worried looks. There were two possible explanations for this, Lilly lied and she wasn’t here and they were about to enter some random girls bedroom or Lilly was using her old name again a reason neither of them could figure out why. They reached a white wooden door with a golden two placed in the middle. Garrett knocked softly and his chest thumped when he heard a ‘come in’. It was her, Garrett could never mistake her soft sweet for someone else’s he opened the door and shuffled in John hot in his heels.

“Lilly,” Garrett said softly glad she was in one piece and as always she looked breath taking.

“My name’s not Lilly, its Evelyn Trotter.”

“Bull shit Lil’s, you’ve been Lilly for years, you changed it from Evelyn.” John was frustrated already after two minutes, he didn’t accompany Garrett all this way to be talked to like a piece of dirt.

“And why did I change it exactly John? I did it because Kennedy wanted to, I changed my fucking name something which makes me who I am all because of my stupid, selfish brother who couldn’t care less about me anymore. I don’t want to be associated with him anymore, why should I? I’m staying with my old college roommate and her friends so too be honest it isn’t hard to find me. She’s had calls from my parents, Byron, Max and even Tim. All of you guys have text me and rung me multiple times as have those people as well as Vito and the other guys yet my other brother, the one who I am supposedly meant to be closer with, the one I fucking grow up with can’t even be bothered to send me one text! Now you stand there and tell me I’m a Brock!”

“He’s wrong okay Lilly, Evelyn, that is wrong and I’m sorry he is being a douche but you’re wrong too for not keeping in contact with Garrett like you promised you would.”

“Garrett you promised you wouldn’t tell anyone.” Lilly looked up at the shorter boy disappointed.

“And you promised you’d keep in touch; it’s been days Lil I was worried had the idea to see you and John tagged along for the ride. There you are annoyed at Ken for not at least sending you a text which is understandable but you didn’t even give me one letting me know you were okay. I was so worried why did you do it?”

“I’m going to sound pathetic.”

“In front of us?” Garrett asked knowing Lilly had broken down in front of both of them many a time before and they broke down crying in front of Lilly the first time they saw her after the accident.

“I wanted to see you,” Lilly said her voice just above a whisper, feeling pathetic she kept her gaze locked with the carpet beneath her feet. It was only when she felt two pairs of arms round her that she soften completely and looked up as far as she could without arms blocking her.

“When do you wanna leave?” Garrett asked, not wanting to leave without Lilly.

“Guys I don’t think.”

“He’s worried, you may not think so but he is he is really torn up about this you have to see him.” John pleaded.

“John I can’t.”

“Lilly.” Garrett spoke softly and looked at her soft delicate features with a small hopeful smile on his face.

“God dammit Garrett Daniel Nickelsen I hate you,” Lilly sighed and pulled out a suitcase from under her bed. Garrett always had a way of getting to Lilly without even pleading or asking excessively like which was required from the other boys, a trait which gave her butterflies also annoyed her greatly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?