Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Fifteen

“See you later Kennedy,” Lilly yelled from the bottom of the stairs struggling with her doc martins. She was going out with Garrett like they had been doing for the past six days, no one knowing anything about their secret relationship. It was early days but both parties were very happy with their relationship, Garrett was so proud he could call Lilly his and treated her like she deserved to be treated. Lilly was ecstatic she had found someone who respected her and made her feel okay in herself.

“Sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Kennedy asked not looking up from his place on the sofa.

“It’s fine, I’ll call you if I do but Garrett’s giving me a ride so it’s fine. See ya brother.” Lilly had told her brother she was looking for stuff for her future and Garrett was going to help, Kennedy not thinking anything of it was satisfied with the arrangement. Lilly felt awful lying to Kennedy once again but she wanted some time with Garrett alone but knew she had to tell him soon. Lilly beamed when she saw Garrett standing outside his yellow car which many people thought obnoxious but Lilly loved it, it had character.

“Good afternoon madam, your carriage awaits.” Garrett smirked putting on a faux British accent making Lilly giggle. Garrett’s smile grew and he placed a small and gentle kiss on Lilly’s forehead.

“Garrett, Kennedy could have easily saw that!”

“Its fine he’s not watching!” Garrett opened the passenger door for Lilly and she thanked Garrett before sitting in the car. Garrett ran over to the other side and started the car up before speeding away towards the town.

The pair decided to go and get some food so they had a time to talk and enjoy each other’s company. Talking was one of their favourite things to do together because neither one of them ever ran out of things to say, they could be stupid and immature together but also could have serious conversations and liked swapping their ideas on the big things.

“I’ve been thinking about what and when to tell Kennedy. I mean my going away party is meant to be in a few days so I need to at least tell him I’m staying here but he’s going to ask why so...”

“So you think we should come clean?”

“What do you think G?”

“I think you should do what you’re comfortable with and if you’re ready to tell him I’ll be there right with you by your side. I think its good ‘cause then I get to show off my new girl.” Garrett smiled and Lilly blushed.

“That’s settled then, after we eat we go and face the music,” Lilly nodded and started to once again demolish her chicken which made Garrett laugh.

“What?” Lilly asked mouth full of food.

“Glad to see you haven’t changed yourself just because we’re dating that’s all!”

Garrett dropped Lilly’s hand as soon as they reached her front door; there were loud crashing and swerving sounds coming from the living room leaving the pair to assume he was watching some kind of movie with a police chase or some mindless violence.

“Kenny?” Lilly asked raising her voice slightly in order to compete with the TV. Kennedy
turned around immediately and paused the TV in one swift motion.

“Hey sis, oh hey Garrett, hope she wasn’t too much of a hassle, how was it?”

“There’s something I kind of wanted to talk to you about if that’s okay.”

“Sure Lilly you know you can tell me anything.”

“I’m having second thoughts... about London. Well not so much second thought but more like not going at all. I really want to stay here instead.”

“Lilly in no way am I going to stop you from staying here. I would love it if my sister stayed here and was here for me to come home to rather than across the world, that’s great!”

“You’re not going to ask me why?”

“Well I mean it is a huge step and if you’re not ready...”

“It’s not that. Mentally I was ready to go but, but something’s come up, I’ve found an important reason to stay.”

“You’ve lost me Lils.” Lilly sighed and with her right hand swept her fringe from her face, a trait she had while nervous. Lilly then grabbed Garrett’s hand for protection and he squeezed her fingers slightly letting her know he was with her.

“It’s Garrett, we’ve er... we’ve decided to start... you know? Seeing each other.”

“Seeing each other how?” Kennedy tried his best to contain his voice level but couldn’t help but be shocked at what he was hearing; he never knew either party had any type of romantic feelings for the other.

“I... I think you know how,” Lilly meekly said shuffling her feet on the floor no longer being able to look at her brother in the eye, instead moving her gaze to the floor.

“Well, well it would be a lie if I said I wasn’t shocked but erm... if this is what you want to do I can’t stop you.” With that Kennedy stood up and walked upstairs, he wasn’t too thrilled about the news but he had already lost Lilly once and couldn’t face doing it again so he did the only thing he could do and grin and bear it. Lilly looked up at Garrett who shrugged.

“Could have been a lot worse,” he muttered.