Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Eighteen

Lilly drew in a deep shaky breath as she walked past the security guard who was busily checking through her bag, he gave t back to her with not so much as a smile. She got scanned down and cleared before taking her belongings and walking through to the designated area accompanied by the prison officer who had a scowl fixed to his face. Not even the front receptionist was friendly in the place leaving Lilly feeling uncomfortable as soon as she stepped inside; she thought the staff would at least eased her nerves. The bile rose up in Lilly’s throat which she quickly swallowed as she approached the man who caused all of her hurt or pain. The last time she saw him she was crying silently as he looked at her with scared eyes as he got escorted down the stairs. He had changed a lot in one sense but in the other not at all. His once always smooth face was now littered with stubble running down to his neck; his eyes had a different look about them and purple bags very faint but noticeable under them. His lips were in a permanent straight line and his jaw was more defined. His skin wasn’t as glossy neither was his hair, Lilly put it down to not having the same products inside, he was always one for conditioners and even male moisturisers these luxuries were now not part of William’s routine.

“Thanks for coming.” William stared deep into Lilly’s eyes as if he was searching for something or trying to say something.

“I didn’t come here for you.” Lilly stuck to her guns and didn’t at all let her voice falter. She too kept her gaze to William looking at him, trying to let him know she was strong enough.

“It’s good to see you, you look good.”

“Don’t you try and flatter me. I want answers William, I may have had justice but I sure as hell haven’t had answers and you’re going to give them to me.” William sighed and nodded before looking around the room quickly at the security guards and leaned in slightly. Lilly
just crossed her arms over her chest suddenly feeling self conscious but never fading her harsh stare.

“I don’t know what came over me, I just I don’t know. You never looked at me twice Lilly and...”

“There are a lot of guys who never looked at me twice and I didn’t drug and rape them William.”

“I know, but it was just a moment of madness I didn’t even think, I bought it and I done it all in twenty minutes and when you were lying there I didn’t know what else to do I had to go through with all of it.”

“Do you know how mentally disturbed that sounds?”

“I know but I’m a changed person and I just want you to see that!”

“I can never see that William, never again ever maybe when we first met but what you did to me I can never forget or forgive you. You are a deeply deranged person and you need help.”

“You need to see how I’ve changed, how I’m that guy again. The prison obviously thinks so otherwise how else would I be up for parole soon?”

“So that’s it, you didn’t want to see me you wanted me to help your case to get you out! I would never help you I hope you burn in hell for what you did to me. I lost a huge part of my life because of you and I want you to suffer just as much as I did.” With that an upset and disgusted Lilly walked right out of the complex and drove straight home.

Lilly never felt as relieved as she did when Garrett phoned her later on that day.

“Hey butterfly! How are you?” Garrett asked and for a moment Lilly was tempted to tell her boyfriend every detail of that day but for some unknown reason she stopped herself.

“Fine G, I just miss you, I just miss you.”

“Not long now hunny.”

“I know I just... last tour I was with you guys so it’s weird being on my own again but I’m okay.”

“You’re coping well yeah?”

“Yeah no need to worry about me hun everything is just fine nothing out of the ordinary here.”

“No sign of a zombie apocalypse?” Lilly laughed at this comment and felt a pang of guilt but shredded it away. Every time she went to tell Garrett, something deep inside of her soul was stopping her, like the switch went off every time she went to open her mouth. Luckily they were on the phone and Garrett couldn’t see it otherwise he would have asked questions, maybe Lilly would tell him when she saw him but she didn’t want him to be bad for keeping from him for so long. Lilly decided it would be best if she kept it to herself, nothing bad happened and no one would find out about it so in her eyes she would be safe.