Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Nineteen

The small female found it near impossible to sit still as she waited for any of the eight boys to come into view. She was picking up Kennedy from the airport but of course wasn’t about to simply wait in the car, it had been a long time since she saw the guys and wanted to see them at the earliest possible moment. She also could not wait for the safe and warm feeling of Garrett’s embrace round her petite frame. It was the tall singer Lilly caught a glimpse of first and immediately stood up on the chair and waved calling out Kennedy’s name who was right behind the lanky plaid clad vocalist, talking to Max who was on his left. Lilly’s heart swelled tenfold when behind Max she saw the guy she had missed the most over the past few months. He looked up flipping his brown hair out of his face as he so often did and broke out in the biggest grin when he caught sight of the most important girl in his life. Lilly jumped off the chair with such force it could have easily caused damage and ran passed her brother straight into Garrett’s arms which he opened wide ready, eager to catch her.

“I missed you Lil’s,” Garrett mumbled into his girlfriend’s red hair taking in the wonderful coconut scent. Lilly simply tightened her grip around Garrett and nodded, fearing if she spoke she would once again let them damn tears escape again. The group started to walk to baggage claim without the couple, leaving them to get reacquainted even Kennedy didn’t look back once wanting his sister to enjoy being with Garrett once again. When the couple were reacquainted and had a few cheeky kisses they made their way back to everyone and Lilly have her greetings to everybody. Garrett decided unsurprisingly to ride with Lilly and Kennedy but more surprisingly stayed at the Brock residence for over an hour chatting to Lilly about tour adventures rather than going straight back to his family, Lilly didn’t mind she had missed Garrett gravely but thought he would want to see his parents and brother after a long absence. After an hour and a fixed date for the next day Garrett left the siblings to have their catch up and went to see his parents for the first time in weeks.

“ I have never seen Pat cry so much!” Garrett laughed telling another story from tour, Lilly smiled slightly and forced a laugh out before staring out the window again, she had been distant the entire date but didn’t know why, Garrett was worried but didn’t want to push anything so let the subject go trying to be as normal was possible. It was only the eighth day that Garrett had been home that he grew sick and tired of Lilly’s distant attitude and short responses, he needed to know.

“Lilly what is with you babe? You haven’t been yourself since I got back.”

“Nothing,” she answered simply, tired from the night before, not being able to sleep because of her thoughts about the encounter of William which had been happening for a few nights now.

“You’re lying, what is it? You can tell me. Is it me?” The last part of his utterance was merely a whisper but Lilly heard it and paused the movie they were meant to be watching.

“What do you mean is it you?”

“Am I what’s wrong? Ever since I came back from tour you’ve not been your usual self with me and I can’t help but think I’ve done something wrong? Did tour change us, are you bored with me is that it?”

“Bored with you, BORED with you? Jesus Christ Garrett what do you take me for? You know what I’m like when I like someone and you know what I have been through but you think I am a girl who just gets bored with someone after I went through so much crap just to be with them in the first place? Fuck you Garrett fuck you I thought you were different!”

“Well what am I meant to think? Everything is all fine and perfect until I come back and you can hardly say a whole sentence to me? Of course I’m going to think I’ve done something stop being so defensive it was just a question!”

“You’re the one getting defensive! Can I not have bad days Garrett without you going off getting all paranoid?”

“This isn’t just a bad day you’ve been like this for a week so don’t you sit there and tell me I’m paranoid and there is nothing wrong Jesus Lilly I wish you would stop keeping things in, come to me when you grow up and can face up to your problems.” Garrett stormed out and got into his car slamming all doors just for effect, he hated being angry it was a feeling he rarely showed but he was so frustrated with Lilly more so because he was upset. It was killing him his own girlfriend was keeping something wrong him and getting defensive because of it, he decided to drive around as that oddly relaxed him. Finding himself in downtown Tempe the male suddenly found himself craving some Pink berry so found a place to park and walked into the store. After placing his order and finally receiving his treat Garrett turned to leave and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a petite brunette smiling at him from the table closest to his frame.

“Rachael... this is a surprise.”

“Yeah it is, nice to see you though, you look good.”

“Thanks... more grown up, let my hair go back to normal that kind of thing.”

“No more zombie T-shirts?”

“I think they’ll always be a part of me.” Garrett laughed along with his ex who motioned for him to sit him which he did. Garrett enjoyed talking to Rachael for the first time since the couple broke up over a year ago, when Rachael announced she had to go to a meeting Garrett’s smile faded slightly.

“We should do this again Gare,” Rachael suggested scribbling her new number on a napkin. Meet here tomorrow at six? We can have a proper catch up yeah?”

“Yeah I’d like that. My number is still the same if you still have it.” Garrett smiled and watched as the tiny female rushed out of the place struggling to keep her bag on her shoulder.

Garrett looked down at his clothes while waiting for Rachael the next day, he of course felt guilty enough as it was meeting up with his ex girlfriend but he didn’t feel so wrong since it was just a friendly meeting and Lilly had not tried to contact him at all, he felt a cooling off period was just what she needed. He thought he was too dressed up for a casual meeting; he had actually done his hair and kept stopping himself from running his hand through it as he so often did. Rachael walked in casually and instead of sitting opposite Garrett on the table for four he had occupied she took a seat next to him and flashed him a big smile which Garrett returned.

“I was thinking on the way home yesterday do you remember the time when we were in Cali in Warped and we were in pink berry and you turned over and your yoghurt went all over this Hells Angels guy. I have never seen someone run so fast,” Rachael said trying not to laugh at the memory Garrett chuckled along too remembering that event so vividly.

“You know Garrett, seeing you yesterday and just now made me realise what fun we had together, I really miss you.” The brunette shuffled closer and rested her small hand on Garrett’s knee which was barely covered by jeans. Images of Lilly flashed in Garrett’s mind suddenly so the male stood up and squeezed his way out of the booth before facing his ex.

“I can’t do this, I have an amazing girlfriend and I need to be with her right now, this is wrong I’m sorry.” With that he dashed out of the store and raced to Lilly’s house to be where he belonged.

Lilly heard a banging at the door while she was lounging on the sofa, since Kennedy was upstairs she got up to answer it and was surprised to see Garrett on the other side. She didn’t have time to greet him since he forcefully yet carefully attached his lips to her own. She melted into the kiss and suddenly forgot about everything they had said to each other.

“I’m sorry,” Garrett simply said as the couple pulled away, Lilly kissed Garrett lightly and apologised herself, clearing the air completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone read this anymore? I have a Garrett two shot and a Garrett/Josh Montgomery story coming soon if anyone is interested