Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Twenty One

Garrett got out of his now infamous yellow car and rang the bell to the Brock residence, after a restful and drama free three weeks Garrett and the boys were jetting off to Europe the next day for another tour. He and Lilly had planned to spend the entire day together and she was going to drive all the boys to the airport in the van. Garrett’s wide smiled faltered slightly when instead of seeing his beautiful girl standing behind the door it was his band mate.

“Hey dude, Lilly upstairs?”

“I don’t think you should go up there man, she’s not good at all. She started getting feverish last night and it’s just gotten worse, she wanted to see you but I’ve only just convinced her otherwise.”

“What’s wrong with her?” Garrett asked suddenly going from excited to deeply concerned.

“I dunno she started to get a fever at night, it’s just gotten worse really. I had to help her to the bathroom this morning she has no energy.”

“I wanna see her.”

“You sure? It’s not a pretty sight dude.”

“She fitted on me once remember? It’s fine, I’ll just worry if I don’t see her for myself.” Kennedy smiled and nodded, thinking how sweet yet oddly sickening Garrett’s worry was and let him pass his figure and lead the way upstairs to Lilly’s bedroom. Garrett fixated a smile on his face, no matter that Lilly looked very sickly in her bed. She was naturally pale but her complexion was more of a ghostly white, her eyes were dull and watery.

“Hey sicky, Kennedy told me what happened.” Garrett sat on the bed and stroked Lilly’s fringe pushing her hair off her forehead since it was matted down with sweat.

“You’re going to get sick,” Lilly whined suddenly very self conscious about her appearance which she knew was not good at the particular moment in time.

“No I’m not, I have super human immune system, plus I was worried about you. Do you need anything sweetie?” Lilly pathetically lifted up her arms which were shaking slightly; she had no energy even though all she had done that morning so far was lie there pathetically. Garrett lay down next to her and wrapped his arms round her softly as not to damage her even further.

“We were meant to spend the day together.” Lilly sounded remorseful and truly sorry that she had ruined Garrett’s plans he was bound to have for them that day.

The Maine had to find someone else to drive them to the airport since Lilly was still too weak to say goodbye to them all let alone drive, nausea turned into vomiting quickly and she slept the next two days away. When she was finally at a better health and had enough energy to at least move around and not fall asleep every hour Lilly tried to do more but found herself stopping short by constantly running to relieve her stomach contents and was crippled by powerful headaches normal painkillers were not reaching. Fearing she had been stupid and reckless Lilly built up enough emotional strength to buy a couple of pregnancy tests just in case. When a line failed to appear on the little stick Lilly couldn’t help but be relieved even though she expected the result, her and Garrett were twice as careful both using the necessary precautions. Lilly was disappointed thought not because she wanted a baby but if she was pregnant then she would at least have had a logical explanation for her illness so instead she had to force herself to make a doctor’s appointment.

“What time is it?” Kennedy asked on the phone trying to block out Pat’s latest alter ego and focus on what his sister was saying.

“4pm my time so whenever that is where you are I’m not too sure, it’s twelve now so it’s in four hours.” She responded holding a damp cloth to her head having another hot flush which was bound to trigger another almost crippling head ache.

“It’s two here now so I’ll expect a call around six, just before doors so I shouldn’t be doing anything too important I’ll make sure Garrett and I will have our phones so if I don’t answer the other one will.” Kennedy had been told everything by his sister about her mystery illness her of course leaving out the pregnancy test part. She didn’t need The Maine to have half a bassist, she didn’t think she was pregnant anyway it was more of a precaution and she knew that is a question the doctor will ask anyway.

“I’ll call you as soon as I know, it’s more annoying than anything I just want to go to work but I can’t go and infect the kids, if it has affected me this much how is it going to affect something with a less developed immune system.”

“You just concentrate on getting better okay? I need to sound check now so call me later okay? I love you Lilly Lolly.” With that he hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one is the last, thank you all the readers!!