Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Six

Lilly woke up the next morning feeling low and ashamed, not because she couldn’t remember the previous night, it was exactly the opposite. Lilly could recall all the nights’ events in their entirety and could not believe she could be so stupid as to kiss one of her close friends. She wouldn’t have thought so bad if Garrett hadn’t have pushed her away, confirming her fears he didn’t reciprocate her feelings towards him. Lilly’s body froze as the curtain separating her bubble from the outside world was torn open; her usual breathing pattern was restored when Kennedy stood in front of her.

“SHE LIVES!” The older male exclaimed with a smile on his face, Lilly then knew her brother had no idea what happened last night and mentally thanked Garrett for not spilling the beans, although she knew she had nothing to worry about.

“Yes but I have a headache now thanks to you!” Lilly sighed over dramatically.

“There’s a celebration tonight.”

“I cannot drink again my liver will explode.”

“Then go and don’t drink. Can’t be that hard!”

“You wouldn’t know really you alcoholic.” Lilly fought back just like old times, Kennedy smiled and left his younger sibling to it, content she was coming out of her shell again.

The group were staying in a hotel that night since they were performing in the city two nights in a row, after the show, the group got ready in their respective rooms, a few members consuming a few beers during this process. Lilly met everyone in the lobby clutching the remains of her water bottle.

“Not drinking tonight?” Pat asked curiously.

“After last night you have got to be kidding me!” Lilly almost shouted with a smile, her gaze then nervously wandered over to Garrett’s general direction and he offered a small wave. Knowing that he wasn’t ignoring her or angry with her, Lilly let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding.

The party moved to a bar for a few warm up drinks and despite protests from a still underage Pat add Garrett the party moved on to a club, clearly having the idea of a heavy night in mind. Shots were downed and drinks gorged, Lilly sticking to water the entire time, partly because she was still sick from alcohol the day before and partly because she wanted to avoid any more embarrassments. Switching from water to a class of coke, Lilly excused herself to the bathroom, telling a sober Pat where she was going as she didn’t want anyone to worry. Twenty minutes after being informed of this information, Pat hadn’t seen Lilly return. He walked around the dance floor hoping to catch glimpse of her but to no avail. After searching the bar and designated smoking areas, Pat tried his luck outside the club to see if she had gone for some air. Once he stepped out in to the crisp night air, he was shocked at what he found. Lilly was slumping herself against a wall, sliding down towards the harsh asphalt. Pat ran over to her side and steadied the female face, causing it to look at her own.

“Lilly, Lilly can you hear me?” Pat stuttered and panicked as Lilly’s eyes rolled around slightly, Pat knew she hadn’t been drinking so there was only one other substance causing this. Unsure of what to do, Pat rang Kennedy, hoping he had his phone on vibrate. Luck was on his side as Kennedy answered.

“You have to get outside now.” Pat demanded, draping his jacket over Lilly in an attempt to keep her warm.

“You are so cock blocking me right now dude, there’s this girl and she keeps staring at me, she is so fit,” Kennedy slurred.

“That’s nice but it’s an emergency Kenny.”

“Look dude I have no idea what you’re saying right now but it’s all cool because I love you dude.” With that he hung up. Pat’s panic grew and he looked to the female next to him who seemed to be closing her eyes.

“No! Lilly, Lilly you have to stay awake for me okay come on; start talking okay about anything even chick stuff.”

Lilly then started mumbling something incoherently which although was slightly worrying, it relaxed Pat a little knowing she was still awake. Not knowing who else to turn to, Pat called Garrett, knowing he too would be sober and more useful.

“What’s up Pat, where are you?”

“Outside with Lilly we need help, I tried calling Kennedy but he’s drunk and no help, she’s not right I don’t know what’s wrong with her but I know why please come.” Garrett didn’t even respond, he hung up and rushed outside, after a very quick look once in the open he found the couple and rushed over.

“I thought she wasn’t going to drink?” Garrett asked.

“I’ve seen her with water all night except for when she told me she was going to the bathroom she had a coke.”

“I hope what I think has happened, hasn’t.” Garrett sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Should we get her to the hotel?” Pat asked glancing at the still mumbling female.

“Yeah, I suppose I’ll carry her.” With that Garrett picked up Lilly in his arms, thanking God she wasn’t tall like her brother.

They got to the hotel and laid Lilly on the bed gently. Both the males sighed and sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the female who seemed to be shivering even though she was now covered in jackets from both boys.

“Kennedy is going to kick himself tomorrow,” Garrett mused lifting a hand to feel Lilly’s forehead, he didn’t know why but thought doing something was better than just sitting there staring at her.

“He wasn’t to know this was going to happen.” Pat replied and started to panic when Lilly’s eyes began to close.

“No, Lilly come on stay with us, LILLY!!” Pat screamed when Lilly’s eyes closed completely and her body stiffened than relaxed like she was in some kid of fit.

“I think we need to get her to the hospital.” Garrett panicked.