Sequel: Don't Stop Now
Status: Finished

Break Me Down

Nine

“We need to talk about yesterday.” Kennedy demanded looking down on his sister who was sitting on the sofa in the back lounge.

“He didn’t do anything I’m fine,” Lilly replied not looking up from her book which was soon snatched out of her fans. Lilly looked up and come face to face with an angry looking Kennedy Brock.

“Jesus Lilly when are you going to get over this shit seriously? You know how many questions Christofer asked after you left? How many lies I had to fucking tell for you. You need to get over this shit and stop drawing attention to yourself Lilly it’s like you want the attention and want people to feel sorry for you!” Kennedy looked down at his younger sibling and felt no remorse, not even when a tear threatened to spill out from her right eye.

“How could you say those things? You’re my brother.”

“And I am doing the decent thing and telling it how it is. Do you want everyone here to know what happened to you? What if it happened when we were in a venue and you ran by fans and I then had to explain to them cause I don’t know how to lie to our fans Lilly. Or do you secretly want it to be all over the internet?”

“I can’t believe you’re accusing me of being an attention seeker, my big brother who is meant to protect me!”

“It seems like you want your secrets to be spilled everywhere with the way you’re acting, I’ve been patient with you Lilly but I don’t know how long I can handle this. You need to either get better or get off this tour right now!” Kennedy took one last look at his silent sister before sighing and storming out of that section of the bus. After sitting still for ten minutes in total shock Lilly went in search for Garrett, luckily on route she didn’t bump into Kennedy who she had no intention of seeing.

“What’s the matter Lilly?” Garrett asked concerned once they were seated in the back lounge, it was hardly used which is why Lilly loved it so much, it was perfect for privacy.

“Kennedy, he doesn’t want me here.”

“I’m sure that’s not true.”

“He told me to either get over my issues or get off this tour Garrett, I’m working on one but I can’t do the other, what can I do?”

“I’d start by telling me what’s happened,” Garrett said with a frown, wrapping an arm round Lilly’s shoulders comfortingly. Lilly went through her side of the story and Garrett listened closely and sympathetically he left a slight pause after she finished talking and spoke only what he knew, advice wasn’t his strongest point but he always tried.

“What do you want to do? I mean to me it seems like you’ve come out of your shell so much like the old Lilly and isn’t that why you came on this tour in the first place?”

“It was, and I’ve done that but I’m afraid if I go home that because no one is there I’ll just go back to hiding away again.”

“I think you know what you wanna do.”
“You can’t tell anyone Garrett, I need to go away on my own for a while.”

“You won’t just disappear though will you?”

“No I’ll keep in touch with you. I’ll phone a few old college friends so who I can stay with. I’ll leave you their address and you can phone me I’ll leave my phone on but I’ll just ignore everyone. Just assure everyone I’m safe.”

“I will, I think you need this.”

“So you think I’m doing the right thing?”

“I think you need to do something for you for a change,” Garrett said and smiled softly at Lilly who sighed and laid her head on Garrett’s shoulder needing comfort.

“You’re always there for me Gary.”

“And I’ll continue to be, I won’t tell anyone where you are so long as you PROMISE to keep in touch with me.”

“I pinky promise,” Lilly replied, she lifted her head of Garrett’s shoulder and held out her left pinky for Garrett to link with his own which he did smiling.

“You’re probably the only twenty one year old girl who still pinky promises, but don’t worry I think it’s cool.”

“I’m going to miss you G.” Lilly kissed Garrett’s cheek lightly as if to say thank you and went off to pack her clothes.

“WHERE THE HELL COULD SHE HAVE GONE?” Kennedy shouted in despair in finding out his little sister was nowhere to be found, no one at home had heard from her leaving Kennedy to believe she didn’t go home. Lilly didn’t go anywhere without saying goodbye to anyone because she didn’t want anyone to worry. This is utterly out of character for her and this worried Kennedy greatly.

“I’m sure she’s fine Ken,” Garrett commented trying to calm down his guitarist.

“No, wait something isn’t right here. You’re as close to Lilly as the rest of us you’d be a state to find her gone too, YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS. I SWEAR TO GOD GARRETT YOU BETTER TELL ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW BEFORE I BEAT IT OUT OF YOU.”

“I don’t know I swear Kennedy she didn’t tell me a thing.” Garrett put up his hands and took a step back so he could easily dodge a punch he was expecting from Kennedy.

“THEN HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SO CALM GARRETT?”

“Okay man calm down, Garrett said he doesn’t know so he doesn’t know okay.” John was quick to step in the middle of the pair in order to avoid a fight. He knew when it came to Lilly Kennedy could resort to violent behaviour, when he first found out what had happened to her he put a fist through the wall.

“She told me what happened between you two and said she needed to get away. I tried asking her I did I pestered her she didn’t tell me and believe me if I know she would just take off like that I wouldn’t have let her out of my sight. You just said yourself I’m as close to her as anyone else I care about her so I wouldn’t let anything happen to her.” Garrett covered his tracks and mentally relieved himself when he saw Kennedy’s face soften. Thinking he was out the woods yet remembering to still keep his cool Garrett nodded at Kennedy letting him know everything was cool between them. Kennedy however was still not completely convinced, Garrett’s cool and calm reaction at the news, like he knew Lilly was already gone unnerved him. He was meant to be the one she could go to in order to talk to but this time he was the one who had pushed her away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can some of you please find the heart to russle up a few comments? Please?