If I Die Young

Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up and felt sore. I sighed, knowing it was going to be a long day... I opened my eyes and noticed that I was still on the couch with someone's arm wrapped around my waist. I looked behind me and saw that it was Johnny.

I tried to unwrap his arm gently without waking him up, but it didn't exactly work. He groaned and stretched, before opening his eyes to look at me. "Hey, you," he said, giving me a soft smile.

"Did we really sleep on the couch all night long?" I asked, stretching myself.

"Yeah, I guess no one wanted to wake us up..."

I shrugged, before I got up. "Go back to sleep, it's still early." He nodded, and his eyes slipped shut again.

"Well good morning sunshine! How did you and Ol' Johnny boy sleep?" Dad asked as he saw me walk into the kitchen.

"Good, I slept through the whole night at least."

"There's coffee in the coffee pot, and new creamer in the fridge."

I smiled. "I love you, Dad." He always knows how to brighten my mornings with coffee.

"Hey, Soph," Johnny said, walking over to me and kissing the top of my head, before going to grab some coffee.

For some reason, I felt heat starting to rush to my cheeks. But why?! This is Johnny we're talking about! I looked up and saw Dad smirking towards me over his cup of coffee. I narrowed my eyes and he just laughed.

"So, what're we doing today, Chicky?" Johnny asked.

"Hmm... I don't know?" I gave him a half awake look.

"Well, we could-"

"Good morning, fuckers! Oh, and Papa," Jimmy yelled, walking into the kitchen with a huge smile on his face.

"Oh god, he's already starting..." Johnny groaned, walking over to the table and sitting down.

"Shut up, Short Shit," Jimmy said, glaring at him. "I just came by to say, be ready to party tonight! Let's say around, sevenish?"

"What's the party for?" I asked, curious as to this random party now after we just had a homecoming one.

"Oh, you'll see," he said and winked. "Well, I have to be off now! I'll see you guys tonight!"

"Well that was odd..." I said, watching as Jimmy skipped out of the house.

"Jimmy's always weird, Soph," Johnny said, shaking his head.

I nodded. "That is very true." I sat my cup of coffee down and stretched my sore limbs. "Alright, Johnny-boy, what do you wanna do today?"

"Hey! I asked you first!"

I just gave him a cheeky smile. "And I asked you second."

He just gave me a blank look as Dad laughed. "It's good to have you back, Johnny. She needed you back," Dad said, patting his shoulder, before walking out of the kitchen.

It was quiet for a minute, until I cleard my throat and stood up. "So, I wonder what Jimmy wants to party for tonight?" I said, pouring another cup of coffee.

"Who ever knows? Jimmy likes to have random parties out of nowhere," he said, laughing.

I nodded adn shrugged. "Well, then I'm going to go get ready for the day. Figure out what we're gonna do before I come back down." I hurried out of the kitchen and up the stairs before he could argue with me about it.

"I see your sunburn isn't as bad," Johnny commented as we walked through the store. Suzy had sent us out to get some things for the party tonight. Apparently we were volunteered to help set it up, too.

"Yeah, thankfully it isn't as tender. Fricken Jimmy," I muttered the last part under my breath as I grabbed some drinks.

"He kept poking it, didn't he?" He asked, chuckeling.

"Of course," I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I love that man, but gees..." We kept up random talk as we walked through the store, but something was still bothering me deep down. "Johnny, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Soph! You know you can always ask me anything," he siad, giving me a confused look.

"It's about Brian..." I said, keeping my look down.

He stopped walking and made me look at him. "What's wrong, Soph?"

"I don't know... It just seems like ever since you guys got back, Brian's been acting so strange. I mean, I never get to see him anymore! You'd think after a year of being on tour, he'd like to just spend a few days with me." I shook my head, running my hand down my face. "Maybe I'm just acting like a spoiled brat."

"Hey," he lifted my chin so that I would look into his eyes. "Brian loves you with all his heart. You're his little sister, after all. Yeah, we've been away for a year, but that doesn't mean that he didn't miss you. Something just has him really occupied right now. I'm sure in a week or so, he'll be planning a mini trip between the two of you so it can just be him and you."

"Even just going to the movies or something would be nice... I just miss my big brother is all," I muttered.

He pulled me into his arms and held me close. "Well, I'm always here no matter what."

"Thank you, Johnny," I mumbled into his chest.