If I Die Young

Chapter 8

"Wake up, Woman!" Someone yelled as they suddenly jumped onto my bed.

"What the hell, Johnny?" I groaned, pulling a pillow over my head.

"Come on," he whined. "We're supposed to go out and have tons of fun today!"

I peaked out from under pillow at him and saw his pouting face looking back at me. "What time is it?" I asked, stretching.

"Eight, and we're waisting precious time. So, up and at 'em!" He jumped off my bed and pulled the covers off of me.

"I really don't remember you being this damn annoying," I said, shaking my head and getting up.

"Hey, it got you up," he said, smirking. I glared at him, before going and getting in the shower. "Hurry up so we can go to breakfast!"

When I got down stairs, I saw Johnny lounging on the couch, watching t.v. "Well you look comfy," I said, laughing softly.

"Finally! You're ready!" He turned off the t.v. and walked over to me. "You ready for some breakfast?" He asked, hooking his arm behind my neck as we walked towards the door.

"I am, I'm starving."

He didn't tell me where we were going until we showed up at a little diner. We always came to this place, so one day we officialy named it our spot. No one else usually came with us, unless it was Brian.

I smiled as we walked in and saw that our booth was open and waiting for us. It was right next to the window where you could sit and watch the busy street. While everything was going on, and the boys were away, I had talked Dad into bringing me here a few times. It was comforting just being here.

"So what are we doing after this?" I asked after we ordered.

"Hmm... Can't tell you," he said, giving me his cheesy grin.

"Seriously, Seward? Why not?"

"Because it's a surprise!" He said as if it was the most obvious thing.

I glared at him, as I crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't like you right now."

He laughed, shaking his head. "You still do that," he said softly, looking me over.

"Do what?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

"Cross your arms and tell me that you don't like me right now." He took a drink of his tea as he smirked at me. "You also push your boobs up when you cross your arms like that."

I gaped at him, not believing he just said that. "Johnny!"

"What?! It's true!" He said, laughing.

"Doesn't mean you have to point it out!"

"Now what good would I be if I didn't?"

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "God, I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too," he smiled, before reaching over and giving me a hug.

After we ate, we headed back out. We only drove for a few minutes, before he pulled onto a strip of street that I knew all too well. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Johnny, we are not going shopping," I said, shaking my head.

"Oh yes we are!" He said, grinning like a fool.

"Why are you taking me shopping? There's no reason..."

He parked, before turning to look at me. "You're parents and brother gave me money to take you shopping. Plus, I'm getting you some things, too. Your mom said you haven't been shopping in forever and said that you needed new things. So, I offered to take you out while we're having our day on the town."

I sighed and just stared at him. "You're crazy, you know that?"

He laughed. "You know, most girls would be excited that they're best guy friend is taking them shopping."

"Well of course I'm excited! That means we have more time to hang out. But you, my brother, and parents do not need to be spending money on me."

"Oh my God, Soph!" He said, rolling his eyes. "We have enough money to randomly blow on you if we want. Especially since you obviously need new things. So stop giving me lip, and get your butt out of the car."

"Okay, okay, I'm going," I surrendered, climbing out of the car. He gave a triumphant smile, and joined me.

This really was going to be an interesting day...