If I Die Young

Chapter 9

"Isn't this supposed to be the other way around? You pulling me away from shops?" I asked Johnny, as I pulled him away from yet another shop window. We've been trying to go get something to drink for the last twenty minutes, but he keeps getting sidetracked! I swear, this man...

"But look at that dress! You would look great in it!"

I looked at him like he was on crack. "Yeah! If I was going to Prom or something, which I'm not! So don't even go there." I turned and continued to walk, hoping he would follow.

"Why aren't you going to go to Prom?" He asked, confused.

"One, because I haven't really thought about it. And two, I wouldn't have a date. I'm not going to go to Prom alone."

"And why wouldn't you have a date?" He scoffed.

"We're not getting into that subject right now, Johnny. Let's just go get something to drink like we've been trying to do."

He actually dropped the subject, which I was greatful for. It was something that I really wanted to get into right now. I was having a good day, and I didn't want anything to bring it down.

"What do you want to drink?" He asked, as we continued to walk.

"How about some Keva juice?"

"Sure, that sounds good."

After we got our drinks, we found somewhere to sit down in the shade. It was nice to just sit for a little bit. My body was feeling tired and worn out.

"Johnny, why are you doing this?" I asked softly.

He looked confused, not expecting me to ask someting like that. "What do you mean?"

I gave him a soft smile. "Why are you taking me shopping today?"

"Because I wanted to spend some time with you, and you needed some new things anyways."

"Johnny..." I sighed, looking down at the table. "Are you doing this to make up for not being there through everything?"

"Soph, of course not," he said, taking my hand in his. "I'm doing this because I miss hanging out with my best friend." I smiled, nodding my head. "So, are you having fun?"

I laughed. "Of course I'm having fun. I always have fun with you, Johnny."

"Good!" He smiled even wider if it was possible. "Now, how about we go check out that dress..."

"Johnny! When am I ever going to wear it?"

"I don't care! We're going to go look at it." I knew I wasn't going to have a choice in this what-so-ever...

By the time we got home, I was exhausted. He seriously wore me out today, and it seemed that he could keep going. If it wasn't for me suggesting we go home, he might have staid out for a few more hours.

"Well you guys look like you had some fun today," Dad said, laughing as he saw me walk in with my bags.

"Oh, we had fun. I'm just fricken tired," I said, collapsing onto the couch.

"Damn, Johnny! Did you buy the whole mall out?" Dad said, as he looked over all the bags that Johnny was still bringing in.

Johnny just laughed and shook his head. "No, not even close."

"Seemed like it," I smiled, shaking my head.

After Johnny finished bringing all the bags in, he came and collapsed onto the couch with me. "I'm surprised you quite so early," he said, smirking.

"I'm exhausted, we were out there all day," I mumbled, curling up into him.

"It's ok, get some sleep," he said softly, rubbing my back.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

"What do you think your dad's going to say?" Jimmy asked as we pulled up to the house.

"I'm not sure. He's probably going to be surprised as hell, though."

He just laughed. "Yeah he will be. He might even pass out from shock!"

"Well, we will see," I said, heading for the front door.

As soon as we walked into the living room, I froze. Johnny was passed out on the couch... With my baby sister. This was not okay at all. Dad walked in at the same time, and gave me a smile. "Aren't they cute?"

"Cute? Seriously?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Dad gave me a confused look. "What's wrong? You used to be okay with them together all the time. They're practically inseperable, Brian. They've been best friends since you guys started hanging out. What's the sudden problem?"

"Nothing," I said, before walking away. If I didn't walk away, I would end up saying something that I would regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, what really is Brian's problem? Any guesses of what's to come?