Status: On a small break until the first few games of the playoffs are over I'm a nervous wreak...hahaha let's say after first game of each serries I'll update

She Smiles Like She Doesn't Care

Four.

“Hey, Do you mind taking Edie with you while you go to your car she needs to get out I feel bad for locking her up in here all day and take my key with you so you can let yourself back in.” She says walking into what I assume was her bedroom.

“Yeah that’s fine.” I say picking up the dog and walking over to a table near the front door where I see a small collar and leash and the little dog starts freaking out in my arms as she sees me reaching for them. I finally get Edie put all together and then open the front door and she starts to drag me. “Goodness Edie, I didn’t know such a small dog could pull so hard.” I laugh locking the door and making my way to the elevator.

Edie and I make our way down to the garage and to my car where I open the back and get my bag out and then I decide it would be a good idea to let her get some fresh air so we take the elevator to the street level and go out the front door and to a little patch of grass which was right outside. Edie walks me around the patch of grass about 20 times before deciding to do her business and we then make our way back inside and up to Lucy’s.

When I opened the door and stepped into Lucy’s I hear the TV on and the sound of popcorn being popped.

“Hey, what took you so long?” Lucy asks as I release Edie from her leash and she jumps on Lucy.

“Well I thought I’d take her outside and she decided she wanted to walk in a circle for about 5 minutes.” I laugh looking at the little dog climbing all over Lucy who was wearing a pair of sweatpants with a penguins tee shirt with her hair in a ponytail and she had also taken her makeup off and I wouldn’t lie I would love to come home to something like this every day.

“Oh well thank you she probably loves you now, don’t you Edie.” She says picking the dog up and she barks kissing Lucy’s face.

“It was no problem; she seems like a good dog.” I say putting my bag on the floor.

“Well thanks again, but oh you wanted to change you just go to the last door on your right
and that’s my room.” She says pointing.

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” I say bending down and grabbing my back and I could tell Lucy’s eye were on me as I did so. I walk into the room that was Lucy’s I look around to see black frames all around that help pictures that looked like her with her friends and with bands she interviewed because some had an AP watermark on them. On the floor by the foot of her bed was a small light pink dog bed that was filled to the rim with small toys and as I went through my bag to get some clothes to change into I continued to look around the room it made me smile even though I had only known Lucy for what a little under 4 hours, I could tell the room screamed of her. I decided to finish changing quickly and then made my way back into the living room where Lucy was laying on the couch flipping through her options on Netflix’s.

We ended up watching Factory Girl which was apparently one of her favorite movies, and I must say it was quite an interesting movie and I figured out where little Edie who was curled up on the couch between Lucy and I got her name from Edie Sedgwick of course as Lucy said it.

It was just after midnight when the movie ended and I felt quite awkward still being here not quite sure what I was supposed to do, was I to say it was late and going home or was I just to sit here and chill, well I decided on option two for no reason.

“Well Sidney the movie is over, what would you like to do?” She asks turning to look at me.

“I have no Idea it’s getting late maybe I should head home.” I say.

“Oh no it’s too late to make you drive home why you don’t crash here.” She says.

“Well if you don’t mind then I guess I’ll stay.” I say.

“Alright,” she says grabbing the remote off the table and flipping through the channels.

We end up watching season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and I must say it was quite addictive. While the show was playing the two of us had gotten into a somewhat deep conversation. I learned that she was 23 just like me; she had recently graduated from Towson University in Maryland, she was Canadian but moved to Baltimore when she was 12, her favorite color is purple and she speaks fluent French. With every little detail she gave me about her life I wanted to know more, it was nearly 2am when she had fallen asleep with Edie on her lap and her head in my lap and I’m not going to lie I could see myself really falling for this girl, from what I had already learned about her she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders and she wasn’t a fan girl, she had a stable job and seemed perfectly happy where she was in life.

I must’ve fallen asleep a little while later because the next thing I know I hear a cell phone ringing and the sun coming through the window and hitting my face.

“Well good morning sleepy head.” Lucy says walking into the room with a towel in her hair.

“Good morning, what time is it?” I ask.

“Just after 9:30.” She says removing the towel from her hair and shaking it around in the air a bit.

“Oh wow, I’m normally up by 6:30.” I say.

“Well we were up till after 2am.” She laughs and I just can’t get enough of smile.

“Very true, well what do you have planned for today?” I ask her.

“Well I have to day off from the station, I was just going to hang around go shopping and write some.” She says.

“That sounds fun, I was wondering if maybe you’d like to go out for dinner tonight with me?” I ask not knowing what had gotten into me.

“You mean like a date?” She asks.

“Yes like a date.” I say.

“I’d love to.” She says smiling and there we go again I’m going crazy over her smile.

“Well I should probably get going I have a small workout session at 11:30 so I’ll pick you up around 6 tonight.” I say.

“Okay sounds good, how should I dress.” She asks.

“However you want.” I say getting up grabbing my bag and shoes to get ready to leave I didn’t take the time to change because I was going to the rink to work out so I would have to change when I got there.

“So I’ll see you tonight,” she says pulling me into a hug by the door as I was leaving.

“Yes you will, I’ll call you when I’m on my way.” I say pulling myself from the hug.

“Okay see you then.” She smiles closing the door behind me.

I don’t know what had gotten into me I haven’t asked a girl out in such a longtime but there was something about Lucy Holt something that just kept drawing me in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I fell asleep last night before I could post this, so I though't I'd post it now.
I'm watching Pretty Little Liars preparing myself for the finale tonight and writing an update for my Jonathan Toews story which everyone should check out!

:)