Phoenix High

Chili's

15 minutes later, I parked my car in the Chili's parking lot. I stepped out of my car and quickly walked to the door, which had a large sign pronouncing, "Now Hiring!"

Alright, I had a chance.

The host opened the door for me as I walked in, and I asked to see the manager. He told me to wait a few minutes and make myself comfortable. So while he was gone I grabbed a kids meal and a box of crayons and sat down on the waiting bench.

I had finished 3 games of tic-tac-toe (I won ALL of them), a maze, connect the dots, and was working intently on coloring a picture when the manager showed up.

"I like your picture."

"AH!" I screamed, sending red all over the white sky on my paper. "Awh crud, now I have a red sky." I said, sulkily.

Showing no sympathy, he asked, "You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah I did, your sign said you were hiring."

"And you want to apply I suppose."

"Your right!"

"Alright, well fill this out," He said, handing me a pile of papers, "and maybe you'll be set up for an interview."

Crud, MAYBE?

"I've worked for Chili's before." I told him, hoping it would help me get hired.

And I was right.

"You have?" He asked.

"Yup!"

"Alright, good, I need the information of the store you worked for, and some of yours. Then I'll call up that store right away."

I gave him my name, social security number, and birth date. Then I gave him the city I worked at and the street the old place I worked at was on.

Afterwards, he grabbed a phone and walked off into a back room.

I started coloring the sky while I was waiting, trying to fix the red splotch in the sky.

I don't know how long it had been, but I had finally fixed and finished coloring the sky when I looked up and saw him come out of the room. And best of all, he was smiling.

He shook my hand and said, "I talked to your old manager and he gave you a high recommendation. Welcome to Chili's Jake!"

I jumped up, ecstatic.

He asked for my shirt and pant size, and my cell phone number. And then he told me, "We have had over one hundred applicants in the last two weeks. Most of them have bad recommendations or are overall stupid. But to have someone with a high recommendation and experience in Chili's is very good."

He shook my hand.

"You can start as soon as your uniform comes in."

"Alright, thanks." I turned around and put the crayons in my pants pocket, and left the menu on the bench as I walked out of the glass doors.

I was almost to my car when I realized something.

"Crap!" I said out loud. I forgot mints. I always keep a stash of mints in my car, always. And I was almost out.

I started to walk back to the door when I noticed a fairly hot chick in a Chili's uniform getting out of her camry.

I am gonna like working here.

Until I noticed that it was Kate.

I whipped around and ran back to my car.

Why Lord? Why does Kate have to work here also?
♠ ♠ ♠
=]