Sequel: Time Again

All Hallows Eve

1/1

Sitting on the sofa next to my sister, I sighed as yet another Halloween movie started to play on spike.

Usually I was always on board for scary movies especially on Halloween, but today all I could focus on was a boy. And somehow, I imagine Magdalene knew exactly who was on my mind.

She may have looked into the movie to someone that didn’t know my sister well but she wasn’t. She hated scary movies and only watched them after much convincing if myself or any of the guys was present.

“You know you could just call Zack and see if he has plans tonight instead of sitting there trying to read his mind,” I knew it and such a sweet, sarcastic comment from the peanut gallery. “Matt can always come keep me company,” shrugging as if slipping in that she was dating another one of our friends was nothing she threw me a small smile.

“You just want me to leave you alone with him,”

“Well we aren’t in the 20th century anymore, we don’t need supervision,”

Snorting, I turned my attention back to the movie; I cast a quick glance at my very silent phone.

To say I was distracted through the entire film was an understatement and as my sister gave another jump before standing up, clearly tired of the scary movies I zoned out.

“Yeah Cass, he just sitting there pretending as he spends the day with me; it’s really depressing “giggling as I looked over confused all to hell as my sister chatted on her phone, I shrugged they wouldn’t plan anything not on Halloween.

Today was reserved, since we had grown up for the big Halloween party (a party I wasn’t prepared for at all).

“You think so, I think it would be cool it is the holiday of nightmares isn’t it. You set some up and I will grab my stuff before coming round to help,” hanging up quickly my sister shook her head at me.

Clearly not impressed by my sweats and scruff, Madge cleared her throat hands on her hips.

“I’ll get cleaned up,” shrugging as she rolled her eyes, I stood slowly. I knew if I hadn’t said I would she would have done it for me.

Parties were no fun when you had no one to go with.

**

Leaning against the back wall of Matt’s house, I watched as everyone drank and grinded on the living room floor.

I made sure to stay in the shadows as I watched my best friend lean down to give my sister a kiss under mistle toe; Madge was right, Halloween was all about Nightmares in the grown up world and it certainly looked like one.

When Madge had dragged me here four hours ago to help finish decorating, something her and Cass had been doing for the last two weeks, I was shocked to find they had actually made a haunted house through the entire place.

“Hey –“jumping a mile out of my skin, I snapped my head around to stare at Zack as he leaned casually beside me. Laughing at my reaction he smirked, “The girls sure went all out,”

“Oh yeah it’s great now if they would stop making out,”

“He’s only jealous because he isn’t making out with anyone –“shrieking as Cass a long time friend of everyone appeared behind us, Zack fell over. Giggling like a mad woman she disappeared into the shadows leaving me and Zack clutching at our chests.

“A really good job,” holding out my hand, I pulled my friend to his feet and even though I was reluctant to let go of it I slowly removed my hand; I don’t know if I was hoping he would grasped onto it again or just drop it but it seemed as if he was pulling away just as slowly as I was.

“Drink,” nodding my head with a nervous chuckle, I followed Zack’s lead.

Hell if I got completely trashed maybe I could be completely honest; it was Halloween after all and anything could happen on the night of all Hallows.

**

After the last few shots and rounds of beer we have been fed Zack and I were leaning drunkenly against each other and singing I Don’t Want to Miss a thing by Aerosmith

“I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time,” joining in with Zack as we slurred our words together for the course, I wrapped an arm around him as we started to sway.

“I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing,”

“Awe would you look at this –“giggling I glared at my sister before continuing to sing with my best friend.

“Johnny – I just want you to know that I love you man, I love you” sniffing, I turned my attention to Zack through hazy eyes.

“I love you too man,”

Snorting with laughter Madge fell back into Cass as she began chanting “Kiss him” over and over again and since I wasn’t one to ignore what I am told to do I did; I leaned right in close and pressed my lips to his.

I wasn’t expecting the rush or for him to kiss back but when his mouth moved against mine, I gave in letting Zack take over.

Distantly I could hear the girls hooting and hollering something along the lines of finally but all I could hear was the slight moan Zack made when I nipped his bottom lip, tugging it lightly away.

Even if tonight was a onetime drunken thing, I wasn’t going to regret it and I hoped Zack wouldn’t either.