Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Jared

"Oh my gosh did you hear about Josh and Hannah? They are like totally going to go out. Jessica said she saw them making out at this party. Can you believe that?" My friend Heather rambled on about the latest news in our school. I did my best to block her out as we got out of my car and headed towards the school. We walked through the doors and the familar smell of cheap cleaner and gross caferteria food filled my nose. I looked around trying to find my so called friends. We hung out all the time, but i couldnt trust any of them. The most important things in their life were what color nail polish they were going to wear, or who broke up with who. Pointless drama i didnt care about. But i faked it anyways. Gasping when called for and adding a few "OMG"s here and there. I took a seat next to Courtney. She turned and looked at me.
"You know, youd think since you were so rich you might try to wear cute clothes." She said staring at my tee shirt and jeans.
"You'd think you would have better things to worry about then what im wearing." I said back. She laughed and turned back to finish her gossiping. I scanned the cafeteria and stopped when i saw Jake. Jake and i were best friends, but i was totally in love with him. We talked off and on, but he had a girlfriend, Bre. She was a complete controll freak. If she ever caught him talking to a girl she flipped. But we always talked when she wasnt around. I was constantly waiting, wondering when he would call, or what he was doing. It was so hard, but it was better getting to talk to him a litle rather than none at all. He was sitting next to her, tickling her sides as she laughed and pushed him away.
"Elle?" I jumped and looked away as Heather said my name.
"Yeah?" I asked turning to her.
"The bell rang. You coming to class anytime soon?"
"Yeah, sorry." I said grabbing my bag and standing up. We walked down the hall as she said something about how hot this senior was. I grabbed my book from my locker and headed to class.
"Elle?" I heard a voice behind me ask. I turned to see our principal, Mrs. Leemac standing there.
"Yes?" I asked curiously.
"I would like you to show Jared around the school," She said gestering to the boy standing next to her. I had never seen him before, but man, was he cute. He had green eyes and brown hair the fell into his eyes a little. He was tall, but built. "I figured you might know him because he lives next door to you" She continued.
"Yeah, um okay." I said pulling my bag further up on my shoulder.
"I made sure he was in all of your classes also, so you can help him out," Mrs. Leemac said. She thanked me and walked back down the hall, leaving us standing there awkwardly.
"So.. um what class do you have first hour?" I asked him.
"She just said we have all the same classes." He said harshly.
"Oh, yeah. Sorry. Um lets go then." I said, wondering what his deal was. He followed me, walking on the other side of the hall. By the time we got to class every seat was taken except two, right next to eachother. We walked and sat down, he sat as far away as possible. I rolled my eyes and turned to the teacher who was already giving her lesson. The day took forever to end while the whole time i was trying to figure out why Jared hated me. When the bell rang i left as fast as i could. I got in my car and was on my way home when my phone started ringing.
"Hello?" I said, already knowing who it was.
"Hey, where are you?" Jake asked.
"In my car going home." I said.
"Come see me."
"Jake.. I cant" I said, knowing i would.
"Please, Elle." He said in his pleading voice.
"Okay. Il be there in a sec." I said hanging up. I knew i shouldnt go. But that never stops me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like! Comment and tell me what you like, or what i need to change! Thanks:)