Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Take My Place

I pulled into Jakes driveway. He lived way out in the country so we didnt have to worry about anyone driving by and seeing my car. I walked up the cracked concrete to Jakes door. My stomack was filled with butterflys. But this was the normal around him. Just as i raised my hand to knock, Jake opened the door. He smiled, his teeth looking super white compared to his tan skin.
"Hey" He said holding the door open.
"Hey." I answered walking inside. I loved Jake's house. The living room was dark red with a big brown rug. His whole house was cluttered with little things. The thing i loved the most though was the dream catchers. There was at least one in every room. Jake often caught me looking at them.
"Sorry i hadnt called in a while, ive been with Bre alot." He said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I glanced up at him. He was smiling at me, knowing it would be okay that he hadnt called. Knowing he could get away with doing anything.
"Yeah" I said turning back around and looking at my favorite of all the dream catchers. It was a big one, made with thin blue string and beads and feathers.
"You can have it" Jake said walking towards me.
"Oh, no. I dont want it." I said completely lying.
"Mhm," He said turning his eyes towards me instead of the dream catcher. "Dont i get a hug?" He asked coming closer to me. I turned away and started walking towards the kitchen.
"Thats what you have Bre for." I said back.
"I hate it when you say that." He said grabbing my arm and making me look at him.
"Why? Its the truth." I said. He looked away from me.
"I dont know." He said. This is what he said everytime. I pulled away from him and went and sat at the small red table in the kitchen. He walked in to, opening the cabnet and pulling out some chips.
"Want some?" He asked.
"No thanks" I said looking away.
"What? Why not? Its your favorite kind." He said looking disappointed.
"Im just not hungry right now."
"Oh, okay." he said putting the bag back in the cabnet.
Suddenly his phone began ringing. He looked at it and looked back at me sheepishly. I already knew who it was.
"Im sorry.. it'l just be minute." He said. I listened to him walk into the other room and answer. I sat at the table and looked out the window watching to wind make ripples in the pond. He came back in a few minutes later.
"Hey, im sorry.. Bre is coming over in alittle while so..." He said looking at the ground.
"So i need to leave" I finished.
"Yeah, but maybe we can hang out later this week.."
"Its cool." I said walking towards the door. Its not like this was the first time i had to leave so someone else could take my place.