Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Fix Me

When i got home i was surprised to see both of my parents cars in the driveway. They were almost never home at the same time. I got out of my car, grabbing my stuff and walked up the sidewalk to the door. As soon as i opened the door i heard the yelling. I quietly slipped in and closed the door behind me. I tip toed up the stairs and closed my bedroom door, laying down on my bed. After a few minutes of listening to the yelling i dozed off and fell asleep. I was dreaming of that new Jared kid who hated me so much when my door slammed open. My step dad, Jeff, stumbled in holding a beer in his hand.
"What are you doing!" He yelled, his drink sploshing out the side.
"I just got home" I said sitting up. He just looked at me. I got up and started walking towards my bathroom, annoyed.
"Where are you going!" He screamed grabbing my arm hard.
"Im going to the bathroom, do you want to join me?" I said sarcasticly yanking my arm away. He stumbled back losing his balance a little but the looked back up and slapped his hand across my face.
"Dont talk to me like that!" He yelled pointing a finger in my face. He started saying something about attitude and not having respect but his words were so slurred i couldnt understand. When he finally left i ran into my bathroom and slammed the door. I examined the damage of this time in my mirror. It was already bruising, so it would be hard to hide tomorrow for school. I sat down on the ground and stared at the floor. This wasnt the first time this had happened. Every few weeks mom and him would get in a fight and he would get drunk and take it out on me. I stood up and walked out of my bathroom. I would go to the place i always went when things got bad. Just as i was about to walk out the door i heard my moms voice.
"Elle? Where are you going?" She asked. I could hear her footsteps coming down the hall.
"I gotta go somewhere, I will be back later." I said leaving quickly. She didnt care enough to follow. I quickly walked the distance from my house to the old house next door. I always went there when things got bad. I climbed up to the window that went to a small bedroom in the house and hopped in. It wasnt until i was already on the floor until i remembered Jared. Mrs. Leemac had said he lived in the old house next door to me, which meant he lived here. I realized this all too late. The bedroom door opened and Jared walked in. I jumped up, but it was to late. Jared saw me and jumped.
"What are you doing here?" He asked alarmed. He looked me up and down, taking in my bruised face and arm.
"Um.. I am sorry, i forgot you moved in here.." I said looking at the ground. He closed his door and just kept looking at me. Finally he spoke.
"Do you break into peoples houses alot?" He asked, and a somewhat smile spread across his face, he still looked very confused though.
"No, i just used to come here and hang out sometimes" I said trying to tilt my head away from him so he wouldnt see the mark.
"Why would you come here instead of staying at your house?" He asked looking at my house out the window. I turned and looked too. On the outside it looked perfect. It was big, and the grass was perfectly mowed, the gardens weeded, and there wasnt a chip in the paint. But it was what was inside that was the farthest thing from perfect. I didnt answer and just kept staring out the window. After a few minutes i heard Jared get up. He walked over to me. I turned around and looked him in the eye.
"Lets fix that up, okay?" He asked gently touching my face. He left and came back a few minutes later carrying a bandaid and neosporin. He didnt ask what happened, he just helped me.