Status: First story... Hope you like it!

Something to Hold Onto

Hurt.

I took about two seconds for us all to register what was happening. Jake ducked down in the booth and I turned my head to Jared and pretended we were talking, but it was too late, she saw. She stormed over to our table and looked down at Jake.
"Whats up, baby?" She said rudely. "You having fun with your backup girl?" She said giving me a rude glare. I looked down at my plate.
"No, I mean. They were just here so we were just all talking." Jake said stuttering, trying to come up with a story.
"Im so sure, Jake. But you know, if you like her so much be with her." She said. A evil smile played along her lips, she knew what he would say, she knew how much it would hurt me.
"I dont like her, Bre. I love you, I sware." I said standing up and stepping closer to her. Its like I wasnt even there.
"You dont care about her at all?" She said looking at me. She knew exactly what she was doing. He glanced at me and we made eye contact.
"No, I love you Bre." He said looking back at her. And the worst part was he meant it. I could tell by the look he gave me when he said it. He didnt feel bad he was hurting me. He didnt care at all. I felt sick all of a sudden. I could feel the tears building up, but I knew I had to play my part.
"It was nothing. We just happened to be at the same place at the same time." I told her, but my voice was shaking. I looked down, the tears were about to spill over.
"I need to go pick up my brother, wanna come?" Jared said, saving me.
"Yeah, lets go." I stood up and felt dizzy, but Jared's hands held my waist not letting me fall and guiding me out the door. We got in his truck without saying a word. I could feel the tears coming and I was trying so hard not to cry. So so hard. Suddenly I felt so sick I knew I was gonna throw up.
"Pull over." I said, my hand already on the door handle.
"What? Whats wrong?" Jared said looking over at me, but pulling to the side. I swung my door open before we were even stopped and puked on the grass. I got out of the truck and closed the door. I leaned up against the side of the truck and slid down until I was sitting and rested my head back. I sat there for a while, just trying not to lose it. I heard Jared's door open and saw his shoes as he walked around. He looked at me for a second, then joined me on the ground. We sat for a little while in silence.
"Its gonna be okay." He said putting an arm around my waist and pulling me closer. I nodded, as the tears spilt over. He didnt say anything as he wrapped me in his arms. I didnt let anymore tears slip out, I was stronger than that. I leaned into his hug and stayed there. I felt without him holding me there, I might just float away, and not care enough to try to come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, ive been noticing the views getting less and less with each chapter! Please tell me what i can do to make it better! Thanks:)