Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Fifteen

Alice grinned as she was pinned to the bed and a knife pressed to her neck.

The Prince, as always, smirked as he brought his face centimeters from hers.

Until suddenly, the door flew open and a boy who looked a lot like March Hare bowed then entered.

"Pardon me, sire, but the High Court is asking for you."

The Prince smirked then kissed her cheek and got off her.

Alice grinned again and got off after him.

Alice looked at him at the corner of her eye.

She hated to admit but he looked dangerously charming with his shirt undone.

They made their way to the door until the boy suddenly stood up and blocked the doorway.

"I'm sorry, sire, but this girl is not welcome in the High Court." He said as he glared at Alice.

The Prince laughed and cackled until he forgot to breathe properly to which Alice laughed at.

"To hell with them, Cuniculus!" He said as his laughter echoed down the hallway.

Alice grinned and stood in front of Cuniculus.

In a blink of an eye, a drop of blood from him rested upon Alice's blade.

She licked it from her blade and then pressed it to his neck.

"If you must know, this girl has a name. And her name is Alice."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in Vegas. And it's hard to go on.