Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Thirty-five

The Red Queen was not as vicious and annoying as her daughter, Malice.

She was nice in some ways and appalling in some ways.

Jack grinned as he looked around the room covered with red velvet drapes and carpets, gold pillars and walls, and the finest chandelier embedded with diamonds and crystals.

The room was filled with people caked in makeup and covered by masks.

And finally, he saw Daniel offering his arm out for Alice to take which she disgustingly took and they came down until the end of the stairs.

Jack smirked and appeared besides Alice then hooked their arms together.

"You look as devilishly beautiful as always, milady." He whispered to her ear and she smirked.

But Daniel wouldn't let go of Alice until Jack pulled her to him in the middle of the dance floor.

Alice frowned as she saw every pair of eyes staring at them.

They began to dance.

When her other hand was free, Jack or Daniel took it without any hesitation.

This wasn't a dance at all.

They were fighting over one woman.

Daniel pulled Alice to him and Alice looked up to his eyes.

She saw the familiar pair of eyes that haunted her memory.

Jack grabbed Alice's free hand and then dipped her.

She grinned and pulled his face closer to hers, "Don't you dare let me go near him."

Jack saw Daniel vanish among the shadows of the crowd and then said, "I won't."

Then he captured her lips with his own earning the applause of the audience around them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it.

I'm going back to my country.
Bye Bye, America.

How about that?
Alice and Jack, huh?
Is it wrong that I say I'm in love with the young Bono (U2) now?