Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Fifty-six

"Well, whatever." The fox-like man rolled his eyes yet again and it became clear that he was March Hare's brother.

The March Hare scoffed again and shot back "Mum always favored you, your smart-arseness and your. . .beautiful flippy hair."

"The doors are open, if you must know. You could all chicken out for all I care."

The March Hare just stared at his brother as he said to Alice and Jack "Go."

Alice flinched slightly but nonetheless, left. Jack patted him hesitantly and followed Alice.

Silence suddenly took over once the door closed. The March Hare closed his eyes, sinking in the peace before battle.

The March Fox threw his cards at March Hare but he missed and just sliced his cheek. Scarlet droplets of blood dripped to the floor. The March Hare ran his thumb across that wound and then across his tongue and he suddenly opened his eyes. It was bittersweet, just the way he liked it.

His eyes, it wasn't that same grey color in his eyes but instead, as red as Alice's hair.

For the first time in years, the March Hare was dead serious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. Short updates. They looked long to me.
So. . Any titles?
I'm trying to learn chess. Geez. Who knew it can be this hard?