Sequel: Two Breaths Walking

Heartland

Chapter Fifty-eight

Jack and Alice stopped walking. It was the end of the long hallway. Their palms were sweating and Alice was jittery. It was a mixture of anxiety and excitement. Alice stepped forward and grasped the gold-colored doorknob.

She looked at Jack and asked "Should I?"
Jack didn't answer but he just nodded.

The tension in the air was heavy and it was making Alice's mind dizzy. She turned the knob slowly. . .

"What the?!"

She tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. She tried punching it but it still didn't open. And she didn't even notice Jack snickering at the background.

She growled at the door and raised her leg up and kicked it very hard. The door was split into chunks of wood.

Alice took out her knives and Jack did the same, expecting an army to come at them; instead, they were greeted by confetti and balloons.

The fog vanished and there stood in all their glory was the Red Queen and White Queen holding her hands up, "Surprise!"

Alice gaped at them and Jack dropped his weapons.

"What the hell is going on?! Was this a game?" Alice screamed at the two queens. The White Queen snorted, "Obviously! This was a fun game of course. My sister and I were bored and had nothing to do in this annoying castle so we made a game. I made Jack kidnap you and tada! Heartland is going crazy!"

Jack crossed his arms over his chest and asked "How about those people we killed?"

The White Queen answered "They were dummies with real blood in them."

Alice was fuming when she heard that, "What about the girl whose name I forgot?"

They all thought about it for a moment.
"Was it Lola?" "No."
"Was it Nora?" "No."

"Was it Malice?" Jack finally guessed it right. Alice frowned "So did I kill her too or was she a dummy?"

The Red Queen grinned and said, "Don't worry, you killed her. She was real alright." Then Jack asked, "What about the Sanguine?"

The Red Queen snickered and said sheepishly "That would be me."

"You almost made out with a girl," Jack chuckled at Alice "And I almost killed one."

Suddenly, there was a series of footsteps being heard and then a voice shouted,

"March Hare to the rescue!"

As the March Hare arrived, he was grinning from ear to ear, "I beat March Fox!"

Alice smirked at him and deadpanned "Are you sure he didn't disappear?"

The look on the March Hare face was priceless. Literally.

"How the hell did you know?!"

Alice stuck her tongue out at him, "Because I am that good."
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter everyone. There's an epilogue though.