‹ Prequel: Sins of an Angel
Status: Active ;]

Fall of the Vatican

Betrayal

Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your
whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is
full of darkness.
Luke 11:34

Image
Cyr sat against the door as he listened to the others discuss the new plans. He had a stressed expression across his face as his raven hair covered over his eyes. His fingers moved across his piercing as he looked to the window; he could see prisoners as they begged for their lives against the soldiers pushing them toward their work quarters.

Alphonse was down there somewhere, fending for his life. That was the only thought Cyr had as he looked to Avery, who pretended to listen to Slade. Skylar and Sepheria had left the room, and that left himself and Lero away from the others who held conversation. Lero on the other hand, sat across the room, looking toward the window. He was acting a bit strange today, and Cyr thought it was unusual of him to not want to be apart of Slade’s conversation.

Lero looked to Cyr uneasily as he tapped his fingers against his legs. Cyr gave him a motion to come over quickly as he looked forward. When he strode over, he sat beside him nervously and sighed.

“What’s your opinion on all of this, Cyr? Having to kill the one you loved…” Lero pursed his lips, “I know you’re not here by choice.”

Cyr looked at Lero in the eyes as he sighed, “How do you feel…?”

“Scared… I hate it. I’ve never once won because I can’t allow myself to…” he couldn’t finish.

“I was the same way.”

“Really…?” Lero tilted his head curiously, “I always knew that Father had small faith in you, but I assumed it was because he knew you were Sophia’s lover.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sereptus always talked of you being weak… so I thought you always lost because you couldn’t defeat her.”

“Oh, it was never like that…”

Lero leaned back in his seat,” I see…”

“I never follow the rules… take a walk with me?” Cyr looked to the door.

Lero nodded as they both stood up and headed out of the room. They waited until they got outside, out of earshot range from any eavesdroppers.

“Whose side do you want to be on?” Cyr asked.

“Well… can you keep a secret?”

“Only if you can, too.”

Lero nodded, “Well, I’m on God’s side… I hate being considered a demon.”

Cyr smiled lightly, “Join me, Avery, and Silas then.”

“What?” Lero narrowed his eyes.

“We’ve all repented… we’re on the side of the Angels. We all have gotten our rings returned.”

“Impossible! I was told—“

“Sereptus lies,” Cyr interrupted, “I’ve been sided with God since the very beginning.”

“Yet Sereptus believes you are still on his side?”

“The angels made it clear; they want us to continue acting on the side of demons so that we may attempt to recruit all other sins and demons.”

“Well…” Lero bit his lip for a moment,” Count me in.”

“Thank you, Lero, You’ll be guaranteed salvation when this is over.”
The sound of screaming echoed as the two looked over to see a mob of prisoners trying to avoid the gas chambers. Lero had an upset expression as he watched the women grasping their children, begging for mercy.

“Absorption camps were one of Sereptus’s more morbid ideas… I can’t believe he’d do this to the children,” Lero sighed.

“Avery and Emira’s little brother is in the isolation section,” Cyr nodded.

Lero looked up at him in horror, “Really?”

“I saw him being dragged toward the camp.”

“Are they going to kill him?”

“I think they’re hoping he’ll go mentally unstable and leak information… they’ll probably kill him if he refuses to cooperate though.”

“We need to set him free!”

“How? Slade’s the warden, and all the subjects must be validated by only him.”

“Sins are allowed to enter the camp though, and since you have wings, you can fly him away.”

“And if I’m seen? OR if I’m suddenly gone along with Alphonse? It’s a bit too suspicious.”

“I’ll think of something. Don’t worry, just go! I’ll distract the guards and page Silas and Avery to tell them to distract Slade and the girls.”

Cyr sighed and shook his head, “Fine.”

Lero immediately paged Avery and Silas as he looked to the windows, seeing them being covered by shades suddenly. He then nodded as Cyr began to enter the camp. As Cyr headed toward the isolation zone, guards started moving away as Lero started yelling.

Cyr could see Alphonse sitting on a log as he looked toward the electric fences. Cyr frowned as he walked over slowly. Alphonse immediately saw him and glowered violently.

“What do you want?” he spat out.

“I’m guessing your sister didn’t tell you everything…” Cyr sighed.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m on your side—I just have to act like I’m on theirs until the war.”

“Yeah, right… my own brother… Avery is in on it!” he shook his head repeatedly.

“Alphonse, four of the seven sins are secretly on the angels’ side!” Cyr tried not to raise his voice.

“It doesn’t matter, Cyr. I’m not going to reveal anything about Emira to anyone.”

As soon as Cyr opened his mouth, a sound alarm screamed through the camp as people began running all over the place. .Alphonse and Cyr looked around as Sepheria stood on the side of the fence, smirking as she held a panic button.

“So when did you plan on betraying us, brother?” she crossed her arms.

Cyr’s eyes widened as his face went white. His breathing picked up as his heart stopped.

“I can’t wait until father hears all about this…” she sneered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this one took so long :\ I've been so busy and just kept putting it off. But here ya go! comment and subscribe for another update!