Status: Active :)

Listen To Your Heart

Two

The next morning, I woke up and Garrett was still sleeping. I guess that while we were sleeping, he put his arm around me. I tried to move his arm but his grip tightened.

“Garrett,” I whined, “let me go!” He kept his arm there and laughed.

“I rather stay like this.” He said smirking. Soon there was a knock on the door. I knew who it was but Garrett still wouldn’t let go.

“You do know there’s someone at the door.”

“I know but I don’t want to get up.” After he said that his phone started ringing. The screen said ‘Rachel’. Any type of chills or butterflies I was getting, we’re gone just from reading that one name on his phone screen.

“Who is it?” He asked looking over my shoulder.

“Rachel.” He took it and answered.

I took that as my chance to get dressed and leave as soon as he lets her in. He gave me that sympathetic look. I didn’t want need it his sympathy.

I went downstairs without looking at him and left. Rachel was looking at me when I was leaving but I didn’t care.

For once, I actually thought that something was going to happen, but I was stupid enough to believe it.

I walked to John’s house a couple streets over. I knew his door was unlocked so I just went
right in.

“JOOOHN!” I yelled.

“My love!” He spun me around in the air before putting me back on the ground.

“What’re you doing today?” I asked him.

“Nothing, why?”

“You and I are going to hang out.”

“I thought you were hanging with Garrett today.” I gave him the look that everyone but Garrett knew, “Rachel came over didn’t she?”

“You know she did. Every time she comes over, he just lets me leave. He doesn’t even ask
me to stay.” He hugged me.

“He thinks he’s in love with her. Soon he’ll realize that he doesn’t love her and break up with her.”

“I hope your right.” I really did.

The whole day we did nothing but eat junk food and watch TV. I got home to see Garrett and his family was over for dinner. Damn it. I forgot that was tonight.

“Amber, where have you been all day?” My mom asked

“I was with John.” I said.

“You knew Garrett and his family was coming over for dinner.”

“I did and that’s why I’m here now. If they weren’t then I would’ve still been at John’s.”

“Don’t back talk me. Now, go wash up for dinner.” She snapped at me. I rolled my eyes and went to my room. I heard footsteps behind me so I knew he was following me.

“What’s wrong with you?” His voice sent tingles all through my body but I ignored it.

“Nothing.” One word sentences – something I was famous for.

“Don’t give me one word sentences. Now tell me what’s wrong?”

“It’s not like you would know. Plus you can’t keep secrets from me.”

“I can and I will so just – just…” Before I could finish, my mom called us down for dinner.

This is how it always starts. I know that soon we’ll stop talking for months, but if he realizes everything soon then maybe it won’t happen. I just really hope goes that way.