In Too Deep.

In Too Deep.

Eric knew he was in too deep, his conscious told him that with every silent step up Sookie Stackhouse’s winding driveway. He was clutching at straws just to see her, glamouring Ginger into following his excuses to call her to Fangtasia. As her front door came into view, he racked his ripened mind for any plausible excuse but when the scent of her blood mixed in with the autumn air, he lost his trail of thought completely.

He took the rest of the journey in one large stride, one that only his kind could achieve, and before he could stop himself he knocked on her front door without a plan. He could hear Sookie’s footsteps hitting each step as she proceeded to the door, if he had a functioning heart it would be caught in his throat right now. She opened the door and Eric tried to ignore her expression of annoyance at his arrival and focused his mind on the towel she’d tied around her body, her skin and hair were still moist from her shower. Oh god.

“Eric.” She said curtly, “To what do I owe this pleasure?” The pair had never had a great history together, it was filled with clashes of personalities and morals, but business aside there was an underlying friendship waiting to grow. But Sookie’s scent made this impossible, Eric longed to more than friends. He longed to be as close to her as he could, with that blood pulsing beside his skin.

“I need to talk to you.” He told her, hoping she wouldn’t request more information than that because he was still threading together a story for his visit, “Invite me in?”

“Okay, why don’t you come in?” She sighed, stepping to the side so he could enter her home and he jumped on the invitation at once. Once within her house, Eric grabbed hold of her, pushing her against the wall with their hearts doing all the talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
First attempt at True Blood fiction!
Feedback would be lovely <3