Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter One

“Are you pumped?” I smiled as I asked my cousin, Rian.

“Of course! We get to see Milan!” She spoke excitedly while getting a better grip on the steering wheel.

“You know he has a girlfriend-” I was cut off abruptly.

“HEY! I’m the one driving here! I will turn this car around! And you and I both know that as soon as he sees me, he’ll dump that whore!” She spoke confidently while switching on her iPod, and laughed.

I rolled my eyes. “Please Ri. You and I both know that none of them will even give us the time of day!” I scoffed and brushed my freshly straightened hair.

Rian and I. Me and Rian. That’s just how it’s always been. Even though we were cousins, we acted like sisters. Were separated only by a year, which is granted to her, and both have brown curly hair (even though for this occasion its ironed flat.). Usually I keep mine natural but, I know that the only way the boys we were going to see will notice me is if I look like the stereotypical girl. You know, straight hair, blue eyes, bleach blonds. I was lacking most of the qualities. I stand higher than most girls at 18 years of age. I have green/brown eyes, only a few freckles sprinkled on my face, and I’m as pale as a ghost. But, I don’t mind the way I look, not at all. Rian on the other hand was flawless: Tan, Brown eyes, brown hair, not a mark on her skin. She wasn’t the stuck up type, but she knows when she can get something she wants because of her looks. And she’s not the one to shy away from it. That’s what I loved about her. She’s always so confident, I’ve always been jealous of that. I’m shy around almost everyone. Except for friends and family.

“Earth to Vanessa! Hello? Anybody there?” She was waving a hand in front of my face when I snapped back into it.

“What? Oh, hi.” I smiled blankly at her while she rolled her eyes.
“Jesus! Stay with me here” She paused as a devilish smile came over her face. “So, are you excited to see Tyler?” She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

Tyler Seguin. I’m sure everyone knows him, the stuck up kid who thinks he’s so amazing just because he was the 2nd over all player that was drafted. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. I honestly do not like him at all. He’s done shit for our team this season. I wish we got Hall. I really do. But there’s nothing I can do about it now.

“No.” I spoke through gritted teeth. I was fuming. The only reason girls like him is because he’s good looking. I’m not going to deny that. That boy is only 18 but he is very, very attractive. But that’s what made us different from those other girls. We weren't those stupid puck-sluts that just want to get fucked by a hockey player, oh no. The Boston Bruin’s aren't even our team; we’re all Panthers. If someone asked Rian or I a question about anything hockey, like stats, standings or even thing like what off-sides and icing meant. We could tell them. And not to mention what those 'fans' would wear. It should be illegal. They look like prostitutes, it was kind of repulsing. It really gave girls who are fans of hockey bad reps. The Bruins are starting to grow on us though. So we’re on our way to one of their practices now.

“I think we’re here!” Rian said as she pulled into a parking spot. I looked around. It was a good sign that it wasn’t raining or snowing, it was sunny but still cold. Typical New England weather.

“Good news and bad news. Which do you want first?” I spoke while unblocking my seat belt and watching Rian take her ridiculously expensive camera out of her bag. She was in school for photography, and thought I’d be a good idea to use the Bruins as practice.
“ Bad.” She said while not looking up from her camera.

“Well, it’s packed.” I said while scratching my arm.

“No shit, I can see that! Now what’s this so called ‘Good news’?” She asked finally looking up at me.

“It’s not raining or snowing!” I said with fake enthusiasm, while giving her double thumbs up.
She laughed and slung her camera around her neck.

“Lets go.” She laughed and added: “We’ll get you some Seguin.” With that, she got out of the car and shut her door.

I frowned at her determination as I pushed my hands through my jacket while slamming the car door shut at the same time.

“Wait up!” I yelled after her.

” Fucking Seguin…” I mumbled under my breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it!