Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter Thirteen

Tyler and I stepped into the room.

Sam was sitting crisscross on his bed watching more of the game and waiting for me to come back. When we walked in he was shouting at TV screen Tyler for missing a pass. I couldn't help but smirk.

"Touch crowd, eh?" Tyler whispered and I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Be nice!" I said, and with that Sam looked over at the two of us and his jaw dropped to the floor. He was sitting there, with his Florida Panthers hat sitting crooked, almost covering his big brown eyes. I could tell he didn't believe his eyes.

Tyler Seguin was standing in his room, the Bruins he had told me he so desperately wanted to meet only minutes earlier. (And even better, the one he was just yelling at.)

I felt Tyler brush past me and he kneeled down in front of Sam. I was waiting for either one to say anything, hoping that Sam wouldn't choke on his words. Sam had so much he wanted to say and believe me, I knew it. I was the one who got to hear all of it for the last few years. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just hoped he would have the courage to tell Tyler, and I hoped Tyler would listen. Now that I had given myself even more anxiety about the situation, I was going to say something to break the ice but then I heard Tyler speak.

"You're right, I totally should have got that pass." Sam blinked at him and my heart dropped.
But then his face broke out in the biggest, brightest smile I've ever seen. He looked so happy. So incredibly happy. I looked at Tyler as Sam introduced himself, giving him a summary of his short life in about ten seconds. I hoped that Tyler had caught some of what he was saying, because he was talking faster than ever. I bit my lip and turned my head towards Tyler and my heart fluttered. (Wait, what?) He had the most sincere smile on his face, the crinkles on his cheeks were there for anyone to see. His eyes, deep brown and squinted, listening to Sam and giving him every ounce of his attention. Tyler didn't even acknowledge Sam's lack of hair or skinny frame.

"Hi Sam, it's really great to meet you finally, do you know who I am?" Sam stared at him a moment before reaching out with his tiny index finger. He poked Ty in the chest.

"You're Tyler Seguin! Duh! Like the real Tyler Seguin right? You're not a fake one?" A look of worry slipped onto Sam's face.

"Of course I am! Why are there some sort of imposters running around that I should know about?" Tyler put on a serious face.

That was all it took. Sam's smile was so big, it looked like his cheeks were going to explode.
Their talking died down and I was afraid Sam wasn't going to say what he really wanted to because of nerves. But my thoughts were proved wrong when out of the blue, Sam jumped off his bed and landed on Tyler, tackling him to the ground. He sure had a lot more strength then you would think. He may only weigh seventy or so pounds but he flung himself at Tyler and had enough force to push him over. Sam moved his hands from Tyler's shoulders and then sat right on top of him.

"You're so awesome! You're like- the coolest player on the entire team! I wish you were tall like Chara but it's okay that you're not, will you sign my jersey? You're so awesome! I want to grow up and be like you! Did you know that my brother is the same age as you? How cool is that?! Why don't you fight at all like Thornton? You should sometime. Let me get my jersey!" Sam sprang up, and Tyler got up off the ground smiling. Sam darted past us to go get a sharpie, or at least that's what we think he said.. he was running pretty fast.

In an instant, Tyler turned and wrapped his arms around me. I went ridged almost instantly, thinking about my first impressions of him. But I thought again; what right did I have to think of him in that way? I didn't even know him back then. Not saying I really know him now but hell, it's been a long week. There was obviously an attraction here, I don't think either of us could deny it. So while he was standing there hugging me, I hugged him back as tight as I could, standing on my tip toes and pressing my face into the crook of his neck. With that hug, all my judgments of him washed away, ending with a clean slate. I looked up at him, my chin on his chest. He smiled down at me and lowered his head. I blushed, thinking he was going to try and kiss me, but instead he lowered his lips to my ear.

"Thank you."

Two words. Two words is all it took to make my knees buckle and send shivers down my spine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! This is a bit shorter than usual but I'm updating tomorrow with the other part of this chapter. There will definitely be more of the plot in the next chapter but I felt bad for not updating for so long... so here you guys go! Thank you all SO much for recommending, subscribing and reading my story I'm glad you all like it!