Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter Three

I walked out of the rink and was greeted with a wave of cool air hitting my face. Goosebumps rose on my fair skin. I started walking to Rian’s car but my phone started to go off in my pocket. I reached into my back pocket and slid it open.

New Text Message: Rian<3
I left with Nathan and Milan to go to this supposedly good restaurant in Cambridge. I left the car so you can get home. Call U later!

I sighed, and texted her back:

Don’t get fucking raped! What are you doing going out with guys you just met! Oh wait, it’s you! ;)

I walked over to her car and was about to open the door when I got another text from Rian:

Ha-ha very funny Ness. I’ll call you laterrrrr. Love you <3

I smiled and went to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. I grabbed the door handle with both hands and pulled it as hard as I could, but still, nothing. I went to grab keys but then it dawned on me. I had none. I was locked out, with no way to get in the car never mind get it running.
“FUCK!” I yelled in frustration while pulling a hand through my hair.
I looked around the parking lot but all there was small kids waiting for players, along with the sluts who were doing the same. I leaned up against the car and leaned my head back and squeezed my eyes shut to stop tears from escaping. I was to emotional for my own good.
I pulled my phone out again and instead of texting, just dialed Rian’s number. I waited through the chorus of I Just Had Sex, by the Lonely Island twice before hearing a rather deep voice come through the phone.
“Nathan? ” I was confused to hear his voice through the tiny speaker.
“Yo yo Vanessaaaaaaa, what’s up?” He dragged out the last letter of my name.
“Uhh Nothing? Where’s Rian?”
“Rian? Oh she’s in the bathroom. Why didn’t you come with us? I mean this restaurant is FANTASTIC!” I heard a nasally laugh in the background, which I assumed was Milan.
“You know that’s a good question…” I trailed off while plopping myself on the ground next to the car and putting my last piece of gum in my mouth.
“Hmm.. I guess you’ll have to catch a ride home with Segs.” I almost chocked.
“With Tyler? Haha, yeah right. I’ll get someone else to drive me home.. It’s not like there isn’t other people here…” I was absolutely NOT getting in a car with him, no matter what.
“He’s the only one who has any seat in his car. Everyone else carpooled. I tried to get a ride but I couldn’t because there was no room. No worries Vanessa Looch just texted him and asked him to give you a lift.” I was speechless, This was not happening. I protested.
“No. I am not getting in a car with him. Nope Nada. No way. I’ll walk.”
“Oh c’mon Vanessa, he doesn’t bite! Rian told us all about your crush on him and we thinks it’s so cute.” I was fuming.
“I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM. THAT IS COMPLETELY ABSURD! EW. NO. GOD RIAN. I’M GONNA KILL HER! I CANT FUCKING STAND THE KID. UGH. NO.!” I was freaking out. Why would Rian do that?! Why did she go telling these random, well maybe not so random but still, people everything about me!?
“You done?” Nathan asked quietly, like he was afraid to get yelled at himself.
“Yea sorry. I just. I don’t like the kid.” I sighed. I felt bad for screaming at him.
“Well you are the only 19 year old girl I I know that wouldn’t be begging at his feet” He said with a muffled voice, I assumed the food had come.
“I mean,” He continued after swallowing, “All the girls love him. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s his looks?” I snorted.
“We use him as a distraction to get out of practice a lot. He may be a little cocky but you can’t blame him, he’s a 19 year old playing in the NHL, he’s got a right to brag. You know?” He had a good point.
“Yeah I guess, but I still don’t want him to drive me home, I’m going to try to get through the passenger window. I’ll call you guys later.”
“Uhg, really Vanessa? Are you really that against having the kid drive you home?”He paused but not long enough to let me answer, I heard a fuzzy sound and what I realized was Rian's phone getting shoved into Nathan's shirt. He continued, hoping I wouldn't hear. “Looch, really? Stop texting him about all of this.” Milan was texting Tyler everything I was saying about him. Well, he was bound to hear it sometime. I sighed in frustration, nonetheless.
“Yes. Yes I am.” I said as I hung up.

I blew a breath of air out of my lungs and put my hands on my hips, facing the car. I looked around the parking lot and saw Tyler coming out of the building and walking over to the fans to sign autographs and take pictures. I didn’t have much time before he came to look for me. I walked around to the passenger side and imagined how I was going to get in the window; the space looked big enough to get through. I stepped up and stuck my head into the opening and then put my arm in and grabbed the rear-view mirror. I was just about to maneuver my leg up, when the rear-view mirror snapped off, leaving me no other choice but to get out of the window. I stood there in disbelief, staring at the car. Then I heard someone call my name.

“Vanessa?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So sorry I haven't updated in so long but school's been keeping me away from writing. But I'm back into this story so expect updates soon!
Thanks for reading!