Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter Four

I snapped my head to the left and saw him, in his car with the window rolled down. He had a pair of sunglasses on, windbreaker, and a black hat to top it off. I looked away quickly and pretended that I wasn’t Vanessa. I was just some girl locked out of her car.

“Vanessa, I know that’s you. Come on I have to go.” He spoke in an aggravated voice. I laughed and sat down next to Rian's car.

“I guess you’re just going to have to leave me here then because I’m not going anywhere with you.” He looked at me with disbelief.

"How old are you? Five? Just get in the car." He looked mad now. I happily dug myself further under his skin.
"Nah, it's a nice day out. I think I'll just stay right here." I put my hand on my chin and looked at him.

"Really now, Fine I'm leaving." He said while rolling up the tinted windows and placing his foot on the gas pedal. Slowly but surely he drove out of my sight. I knew he wasn’t leaving though. I bet Nathan or Milan had threatened him to get me home. I waited now even a minute until he pulled back up. I was about to make fun of him until he got out of his Black Range Rover, and checked to see if there was anyone around. Puzzled by his actions, I just sat there watching him. He continued to look around when suddenly, he ran over to where I was sitting, grabbed me up from behind and made his way back over to the car. My sweatshirt was riding up, I could feel his giant hands on my bare skin, and his arms squeezing my frame. His veins looked like they were going to pop out of his skin. I was trying to get out of his grip as best as I could.

Then he spoke, "Vanessa just stop, if you squirm any more I'm dropping you." He wouldn’t, and I knew that.

I wiggled again but instead of dropping me, he opened the passenger door and not so lightly, dropped me into the seat. He pushed up his sleeves and slammed the door shut, causing me to flinch. He didn't look happy. But I couldn’t be happier that I had pissed him off. I watched him from the rear-view mirror as he walked around the back of the car. He put his hand on his forehead and then pushed it up into his mud-colored hair and blew out a breath. He soon got to the driver’s side and hesitated before he got in, without looking at me. He buckled up and didn’t even check if there was anyone or anything around us, he pushed his foot on the gas and the car jerked forward. About five minutes into the drive, we had hit our about tenth pothole of the rather lengthy drive when I snapped.

"Really Seguin? Are you trying to hit every fucking pothole on the road?!" I looked over at him but he didn’t look back. I saw his jaw clinch and his knuckles turn whiter around the steering wheel.

I crossed my arms across my chest and turned toward the window. I saw small drops of water appear, and then they came down in bigger droplets, until it was raining pretty hard. I sighed. I just wanted to go home and get as far away from him as I could. A few moments later, he reached to turn on the radio. He switched it on and it was blasting on the areas rap station. I saw him putter with the buttons and knobs. I watched in amusement, was he really that dumb that he didn’t know how to use his own car? He finally got it off and I laughed mockingly. He spoke for the first time since we got in the car.
"Where's your house from here?" He had an annoyed tone yet again as I smirked. I gave him directions. But not to my house, I gave him instructions on how to get to the 711 that is a few streets away from my house. About 15 minutes of more awkward silence that was being drowned out by the pouring rain; he pulled into the 711 parking lot.

"Vanessa" He growled my name. He was trying to keep his cool.

“Where’s your house?" He spit out between clenched teeth.

"Right here!" I pointed to the 711 cheerfully.

"Thanks for the ride." I didn’t even look twice as I opened the passenger door and stepped out into the heavy blankets of rain that were coming down on me. I started walking through the parking lot in the direction of my house. I heard a car door slam and turned around to see a soaking wet Tyler jogging toward me. I picked up speed. Before I could make it ten feet, he grabbed my elbow and spun me around to face him.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I know that he would have been shouting rain or shine.

“My problem? You're the one who won't let me get home!" I pulled against his grip and he let his hand drop. I stopped my foot, which caused a spray of dirty water droplets to go all over his pants. I hadn't planned on that but it worked out in my favor.

He looked down at his pants and I was surprised when he still kept his cool,
"This obviously isn’t your house!" He wore an dangerous look, while speaking in a low voice.

"Maybe I don’t want you knowing where I really live!" I protested.

"I swear you act like a five year old! Just let me take you to your house!" He was soaked now. His jacket served him no protection. He was dripping and so was I.

“No!” I turned and ran. It was too easy to piss the kid off.

“Vanessa!” He sprinted after me, but then stopped, giving up on chasing me.
"Vanessa?" He questioned my name. He knew I was gone.
I kept running while laughing. The last thing I saw was him walking back in the rain towards his black car, fist clenched tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thanks for following this story!
Subscribe and comment to make my day? ;D