Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter Six

Tyler P.O.V

The rain had stopped and it was now sunny and nice here in Mass. I still hadn’t gotten used to the weather changing every hour but I guess I would eventually. I sighed and pulled out of the parking lot while fiddling with my radio. Why had I forgotten to turn it down before she got into the car? I had to admit that I was a little embarrassed when it had happened but it was over now and I had shook it off. On the other side though, I was shocked that I didn’t start screaming back at her when she was telling me off when I kept hitting the pot holes on the road. But seeing her looking out the window next to me in the passenger seat, she looked so peaceful; so serene. Almost… what was the word I’m looking for? I paused and then got it. Pleasing. She was pleasing and appealing to me; and I liked it. This time around the girl wasn’t automatically hot. And I definitely wasn’t going to go straight out and call her beautiful. Not like she’s not attractive it just feels like there should be more to it than just looks this time around.

And that scared the fucking crap out of me. I mean I was 19, I shouldn’t be feeling like this… right?

My thought wondered as I made my way onto her street and then pulled up to her house and was a little bit relieved when I realized that she really didn’t have to walk that far from the 7-11. It was nice house that was a light shade of tan and had black shudders. It had a small white fence out front and flowers. There was a tall wooden fence with a gate leading into what I thought to be a decent sized back yard. Over all it looked like a nice home. But after looking, her Jeep was nowhere in sight. I ran my hand through my hair and blew out a breath. If she’s not here or the forum, I’m screwed. My next stop was of course the forum. Why would she be there? Does she play hockey? If so that’s pretty hot. I mean, girls pushing each other around? I couldn’t resist it. I am a red-blooded male. What can I say?
I came to a red light and I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts that were clearly talking control of… regions. With that I thought more of Vanessa. If she’s a hockey player that means she’d be pretty fit. Maybe if she and I got to know each other a little better...

I stopped.

Damn what the fuck was this girl doing to me. I can’t even control myself.

‘Calm yourself Seguin’. I told myself as I pulled down the street that the forum was on.
‘You have to get used to this. You’re going to have girls all over you for the next couple years. Don’t let this one fuck you up.’ I was back to my normal self, until I pulled up into the parking lot, seeing a lone black Jeep parked near the entrance.

Okay, so maybe …she’s practicing alone? I do it when I need to clear my head.
I shrugged and jumped out of my car and grabbing a pair of skates out of the back. Girls loved it when guys skated with them. Something pricked in my gut, but I chose to ignore it. I checked my reflection in the window, and made my way toward the rink.

‘Looking good.’

If I keep talking to myself like this I’m going to be in a mental hospital. I pushed the doors to the rink open and felt the familiar breeze of cold air. I grinned and was happy that I was going into the rink for once and not having to work my ass off at practice. I came to my senses and immediately heard Jar of Hearts blasting throughout the speakers in the small rink.

I was confused until I saw her. She was skating calmly, which I was surprised about. She didn’t look like a figure skater when I met her. I would have never guessed. I raised my eyebrows not even a minute into watching her perform.
Fuck, she was good. I saw her almost peppering the ice at the bridge of the song and I couldn’t tear my eyes away. From her long, smooth, legs all the way to her fingertips were like extensions of her body, feeling the music completely. She was putting her body and mind into the performance, and it was for no one! Well me of course, but I wasn't exactly supposed to be here. You could see the pain in her face. Had I caused that? Or is she just really into the song? I chose the former as she starting skating my way. She hadn’t noticed me yet, which I was surprised and she still didn’t. The song was coming to an end and I thought she was done until she jumped up and completed a triple axel. She ended right in front of me. I stood there in awe as she opened her eyes and I saw a familiar look. A look that that I wear every other night when I was out on the ice of the Boston Garden.
My eyes locked with hers and then my face was tinted with a frown when she started to skate away. Where did she think she could go?

I didn't want her to stop skating.
That’s when I realized that I had gained a bit of respect for Vanessa. She had a passion for something that wasn’t fucking guys or partying. I had a smirk on my face as I threw my shoes off and laced up. This time I wasn’t going to skate with a girl to get in her pants. I think maybe I just wanted to get to know Vanessa better. Maybe get her to drive me a little more crazy.

Not to mention… she had some questions to answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inflated ego there huh Seguin?
Haha, I hope you enjoyed! This was kind of a filler but the next chapter will have much more drama in it so prepare yourselves!
Thanks for ll the subscriptions and comments! Keep them coming!