Status: Getting back into it

It's Not Easy Romancing a Stone

Chapter Eight

Vanessa’s P.O.V

I had just walked out of the forum and I was ready to scream. I could see the steam of my breath making puffs of fog in the cold air. What place did he think he had to come in there? He thinks he’s all high and mighty just because he’s on an NHL team. ‘He thinks he’s so fucking amazing.’ I spoke under my breath as I forcefully shoved my key into my Jeep’s passenger door and threw my skates in.
I tried to put up with him for a little while and he already had me pissed off. I have a huge competition tomorrow, I shouldn’t be stressing out like this! I sighed and started my car. I tried to get away from him for a reason, not for him to just come and find me anyways. Now I was talking to myself, God what is wrong with me? At least I got through my routine a couple times and I felt as ready as I could for tomorrow.

Minutes later I was at my house and all I wanted to do was sleep. I plopped down on my full size bed and turned on my TV. My brain was swimming with more thoughts than I could manage. My head was throbbing. But one thing was for sure: I couldn’t get the cocky kid off my mind. I know I have no reason to judge him but he just comes off as annoying. He’s just… unpleasant to be around.
I didn’t want to be near him, he just ticked me off. I mean, I’m usually nice to everyone. If you’re nice to me, I’m nice to you, simple as that. But just something about this Seguin boy... he really pushed my buttons.It's like he purposely makes sure to make me as miserable as possible, then rubs it in my face! Interrupting my thoughts was the door opening and then slamming shut quickly after.

“Rian?” I asked slowly as I poked my head out of my bedroom door.

“Vanessa? Oh my God I’m going to kill you!” I heard loud thumps coming up the stairs and I closed my door quickly.

I retreated to my bed and Rian barged into my room.

“WHERE WERE YOU!” She raised her voice but there was no hint of seriousness in it.

I laughed. “Where else? At the rink!” She sat down next to me and rested her head on my head board.”Where were you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Out to eat…” She blushed.

“Don’t tell me-“ I was cut off.

“We’re going out again sometime this week, probably after the game tomorrow night.” She bit her lip.

“You, Milan and Nathan…?”

“No stupid! Me and Nathan,” She paused. “Alone.” She was acting like I was a clueless child.

“But you just met him!” I protested, even though I was happy for Rian, I just wanted to look out for her.

“So? It’s not really a date it’s just a ..err, getting to know each other dinner.” I gave her a look and cocked an eyebrow.

“Okay so maybe it is a date? Why does it matter?! Any who changing the subject… sorry I kind of forgot you at the practice earlier...” She faded her voice and looked up at me with a smirk.

“You know, for some reason I feel like you had this all planned out… And no, I don’t like Tyler and I happened to jump out of his car in the pouring rain and walk home from 7-11!” I finished by taking in a huge breath.

“Then, I drove to the rink, you know, hoping to get away from everyone but no! You had to freak out and send the cheeky bastard after me! I have a competition tomorrow Ri! I need to focus!”

“Well alrighty then! I was just trying to help you out because he said he thought you were cute...” My heart dropped and my cheeks flushed almost immediately.

I spoke in a controlled, flat tone. “Who thought I was cute? Tyler?” I snorted.

“Umm yes and I think you should give him a chance because he’s-“

“When hell freezes over Rian.” She swung her legs over the side of my bed and got up in defeat.

“Remember to set your alarm for 8 V, we have to be at the Garden at 10” She muttered half way in my room and half in the hallway.

“Will do. Night Ri, see you in the morning.” She closed my door and I laid down studying the ceiling that seemed to become more interesting than ever when I was trying not to re-call what Rian had said to me. Tyler said I was cute? Really? What gave him the guts to say that? Just because he was Tyler Seguin and he has girls falling at his feet… My thoughts were drifting until I heard something fall down stairs. Thinking that it was Rian dropping something I got up and went down to the kitchen, nothing. I looked everywhere in our house but then I saw it; outside my house was Tyler standing there with a, wait is that my iHome? How did he get my iHome?

I walked out of my house and peered my eyes. What the fuck was he doing... I forgot everything and walked up to him. “Tyler, what are you doing?!” I yelled at him not caring if I woke anyone around up.

“I missed you.” He sounded like his voice was recorded, what was going on?
“Get the fuck off my lawn Seguin, and go home!” I turned around but he grabbed me by the wrist. Where did that iHome go?

“Wait, why do you hate me, why do you insist on driving me absolutely crazy even though I’ve known you for less than a fucking day. Why” He didn’t speak it like a question but more like he was professing something; like he needed to say it.

“I don’t know, because I can.” Did I really just say that out loud? What was I doing?!
“Do I like creep you out or something?” He stepped closer to me, I didn’t move.
“Kind of.” What was I saying? It was like couldn’t control what come out of my mouth. The wind had started to pick up.

“Is that a good thing?” He was so close to my face I could feel his breath fanning over my features.. His breath didn’t smell good, or bad for that matter. It had no smell at all. His eyes were burning into my face his eyes were no longer a brown shade they were a familiar emerald green. What was going on?

“Well not-“ I didn’t get time to respond. His eyes suddenly turned a light shade and were sparkling. He lifted his right hand brushed a piece of hair out of the way and I blushed and looked down. He lifted my chin with a forefinger, forcing me to look at him. He used his free hand and rested it on my waist. I was speechless. I didn’t know what to do. Moments later I miraculously got my voice back and tried to spit something out.
“Tyler I-” I was cut off by his warm lips meeting my seemingly colder ones. I closed my eyes but didn’t respond with any other movement. Not that I didn’t like it, it’s just that something seemed off. He now put his hands on the wall behind us and was pressed up against me; our bodies flush against each other, but I still did not move. How long was there a wall there? Where was I? He used his large hand to tug the hem of my shirt and slipped his hand underneath, his fingertips digging in so hard it hurt. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. My voice was gone, I needed help. He moved his hand farther up my shirt and I began to squirm and tried to push him away, with no such luck, I gave up and was completely helpless. Tears started stinging my eyes as I tried to keep my lips pressed together firmly but he was prying them open, his cold hands now at the back of my shirt looking to unhook my bra...

I woke up with a jolt, my body covered with a thin sheet of cold sweat. I glanced at my clock. I had 3 hours before I had to wake up. My breathing was rapid and my eyes were darting around the room.

It was so real…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for reading! review please! xxx
Updates soon!