Status: Working on it (if i have good amount of readers)

Lemon Kissed

The News

The feeling of the cool water against my burning skin felt relaxing. I moved my arms forward kicking my legs harder trying to reach the surface. I could almost see it, my lungs ached for air. How long have I been down? Not that long I’m sure; finally I reached the surface taking deep breaths. I lay on my back in the pool just relaxing and catching my breath when I heard my name being said in a distance. I get out of the pool wrapping my towel around me following the screaming and yelling. I finally reached the living room where I found my mother sitting on the couch crying, covering her face with her hands. My Father was standing looking angrier than ever staring at the fire when he turned around yelling,
“How could you do this to your family your own flesh and blood?” he puts his hands on his head as if to pull his hair out when he noticed me standing there in horror. Calmly he comes toward me and says roughly “Your mother has something to tell you,” he turns to face my mother giving her a disgusted look “Don’t you Katherine?”
My mother gives me an exasperated look as she gets up from where she was sitting.
“Please Scarlette you might want to take a seat and try to understand what I’m trying to tell you ok?” she asks. So I do so, I have never in my life seen my parents fight like that for anything. It must be really bad.
I look at my mother more closely her blonde hair was a mess, her mascara was running, her nose was red and her eyes were pink and wet from crying. She sits right next to me admiring me as she takes my hands and hold them with her.
“Scarlette I did something terrible and I’m so sorry but I just couldn’t stand back and watch you destroy your life and throw it away!” my mom grabbed her tissue and wiped some of her tears away.
“Mom what do you mean? What did I do i –“
“Please let me finish honey you can ask questions when I’m done.” She interrupted.
“I saw how close you were to Jaden, how you admired him and his cleverness, at first I thought how cute it was how close you two were. When I heard you two became girlfriend and boyfriend I was fine with it I thought about how cute you two were together and I thought –“
My dad snapped at my mom yelling “GET TO THE POINT KATHERINE!”
My mom screamed in agony “I’M GETTING THERE! CAN’T YOU SEE HOW HARD IT IS FOR ME TO TELL HER!! Scarlette I’m so sorry I heard rumors that you two were eloping and I couldn’t imagine you leaving me and your father so i…i..!” My mother busted into tears again.
“Mom what did you do? Just tell me…its okay.” I lift her face towards me and she tells me
“I…I am so sorry baby I hope you know that whatever happens I love you. I Promised Eli and Claudia Harrison your hand in marriage with their son Quinn. Then later today I run into the girl’s mother who I heard from and find out that it wasn’t true and god baby I’m so sorry”
At that moment my hands dropped, I felt nothing but emptiness. I was in shock…my mother and best friend gave my hand in marriage to a complete stranger. All I could think of was Jaden, the love of my life, my other half and soul mate. How could I leave him for a stranger? I can’t do it. It will destroy him and me both. What the hell am I supposed to tell him when I see him tonight? *hey honey nice to see you by the way I’m getting married to a complete stranger so what’s new with you?* yeah I don’t think so!
I get up from the couch crying I finally understand why my dad was like he was. I look away from my mother and exclaim “why would you believe something like that! There is no reason for him and me to elope, you know I want to go to college and you ruined my chance! I hate you I will never forgive you!” I run away from my mother and run out of the house. I don’t know exactly where but anywhere is better than here.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The door creaked open as I got out of my room trying not to wake my parents. I walked towards the kitchen looking around for something to eat when my phone beeped. It’s from Aubrey, my girlfriend for about almost a year now.
*hey baby I miss you!*
~I miss you too; want to come over later today? ~
*Sure babe what time?*
~Now would have been nice… hahaha~
*hahaha I’ll be over in 30 minutes*
~aw! All right see you then! ~
I put the phone on the counter, looking for food…”hmm…what to eat? What to eat?” Finally I found some lucky charms and put some in a bowl with milk. I went to sit on the table looking over the mail. “Junk, junk, bill, bill, bill, (sigh) nothing good today.”
“Quinn honey is that you I hear?” My mom called from the laundry room. Our house is pretty small so you can hear everything and I literally mean everything. We have to put the radio on when someone’s using the restroom that’s how bad it is.
“Yeah mom, I’m in the dining room.”
“Can you meet me in the family room real quick I have some news to tell you?”
“Kay.”
I get up, put my dishes in the sink and sit down on the couch. My mom walks in wearing her white turtleneck sweater and jeans. She has her brown hair in a ponytail as she sits across from me on my dad’s armchair. When my dad walks in too with his suit on… guess he’s on his way to work.
“I’m on my way to work and your mother has a restaurant to run so I’m afraid we have to do this quick we’ll finish talking about it afterwards.”
“Um…okay? What is it?” I ask.
My mother looks at me and says in a pleased voice, “you’re getting married to Conner and Katherine Holden’s daughter Scarlette.”
My body jerked off the couch and the first words out of my mouth were “Hell to the freakin no!”
My dad gets closer to me and exclaims “watch your language!”
“How could you two agree to this? No, why would you agree with this? Better yet don’t answer that it’s because of Aubrey isn’t it?” I look at my parents for an answer neither of them do.
“I knew it…hahaha I knew you two didn’t like her! Why didn’t you just tell me that instead of marrying me off to some random girl who could be crazier than her?” I stare at my mother with an indignant look on my face and say “I would expect this from my grandfather but I never would have thought you two would do something like that…never.” I get up and walk away from them.
“Don’t you dare leave this house.” My father warns me.
I look at him irritated and say “You lost my respect don’t tell me what I can and can’t do!”
I open the door to see Aubrey walking up the steps. She was wearing her blue top and black skinnys. Her Hair was down and curled she looks at me and exclaims
“Hey there babe.” her smile diapears when she sees the expression on my face “is something wrong, did i come at a bad time?”
“I don’t want to talk about it” I answer just as my dad opens the door yelling “get inside right this minute! Oh hello Aubrey did you hear the news?”
I quickly grab her walking away from my dad yelling “I’ll be back at 6” I look at Aubrey and say “c’mon run to the garden with me I have something to tell you and I’m not sure how you’re going to take it.”
She looks at me funny. “But why-?”
“Just do it please?” I begged.
And on that note we raced to the garden.
♠ ♠ ♠
huh? huh? what do you think? if you didn't like it let me know why so i can fix it! comments would be nice!